Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The Toddler Years

Best way to bring 103.8 fever down quickly?????? - The Toddler Years

Old January 12th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Xyris

Member #: 1456
Exclamation Best way to bring 103.8 fever down quickly??????

Trent woke up about an hour & a 1/2 ago from a 30 minute nap. He was screaming bloody murder and when I picked him up he was burning up. I took his temp and it was 103.8!!!

I gave him tylenol and he started sweating about 45 minutes later and now he is back asleep but his fever is still at 101.6

I have a cold wash cloth on his head. But how long before I can give him more medicine? I would think that an hour after giving him tylenol his fever should be back to normal now?

If it goes back up really high any one have some good suggestions to get his fever down quickly?

Xyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 12th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #2
White Star
Rockin with the TMP girl

Member #: 130
In three hours you can give him Ibuprofen. When Ethan's temp's over 103 I'm told to alternate every 3 hours.

Get a bowl of warm water and in only underwear/diaper wipe down the top half of his body, then cover it with a towel, then do the bottom half and repeat covering the one section while you do the next. This is what my mum did for us.

Hopefully it'll come down soon.

White Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #3
XxLisaxX
*Baby Fever*

Member #: 1305
put a cool cloth on his neck where his juggular is ... that will cool the blood down instantly

XxLisaxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Jenni

Member #: 34
We've broken fevers with a tepid soak.

Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #5
Xyris

Thanks girls. It took untill 5 am today for his fever to return to normal. I think if he runs fever again tonight I'm going to take him to the doctor tomorrow.

Old January 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #6
Ashley09

Member #: 2139
I hope he's feeling better! Does he usually run fevers when he's sick? For Tyler, a high fever has indicated an ear infection both times..

Also, motrin has always worked better for Tyler in bringing down a fever, and you can also rotate it with Tylenol as someone else mentioned. I hope he feels better quickly, and I'm glad the fever came down!

Ashley09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #7
CrazyBeautiful
Missing my angel Cameron

Member #: 1541
Oh no I hope he is feeling better

CrazyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #8
Xyris

All day yesterday he did really good. No fever. Last night around 7 he started running a slight fever it got up to 101 and the tylenol brought it down within 30 minutes and after that nothing else. Today he seems to be doing really good also, and no fever yet tonight.

The last time he had a high fever was back in april-may and he was sick for an entire month, hospitalized and put into a a room to be watched with no other children and no one was allowed in or out without scrubbing and wearing blues the whole time. They never did diagnose him with anything and couldnt figure out what the heck was wrong. They finally just said it was a FUO Fever Of Unknown Origin. They say its pretty common with children who go to day care(which he had been in day for the very first time when he got sick).

So it freaks me out when he starts running fevers that high. But he seems to be doing great and our family day is turning out really good. We are getting pizza and a movie tonight.
Thanks girls for your advice I'm going to try the motrin/tylenol thing next time.