Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > The Chatty Shack! > The Cafe > Home and Garden

How to ward off bees. - Home and Garden

Old August 5th, 2007, 03:01 AM   #1
Lesslie
Lesslie

Member #: 350
How to ward off bees.

a doctor here at the base told me, because I mentioned to him about all the bees around... he said to get a Yellow Bowl. put a piece of small meat on the bottom of the bowl. cover it with dish liquid and fill it up with water and leave it out where it will attract the bees and Voila! no more bees!

i haven't tried this because when I went to try it. the bees disappeared

Lesslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 5th, 2007, 06:27 AM   #2
gullas

Member #: 558
Hmm, interesting, thanks for sharing the tips! I hate bees!

gullas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Zilla

Member #: 293
I don't mind bees. I have them all over the place along with dragon flies and other assorted bugs because of the gardens. Wasps on the other hand, I do have issues with. I just killed a nest of them the other night and had a bigger nest of them to contend with a few years ago.

I don't really do anything about them unless they have a nest too close to the house. I've learned more about them and why they act the way they do so we've come to a "understanding". I don't bother them when it's their feeding times and they usually don't bother me any other time. They get alittle pissy when I mow the lawn, but tough! It's my yard so they can get over themselves.

I've also been told about the meat thing, minus the dish liquid and water. The idea of having rotting meat hanging around grosses me out, not to mention attracts other critters like raccoons and skunks, so I'd rather deal with them as they are.

Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #4
nniact

Member #: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
The idea of having rotting meat hanging around grosses me out, not to mention attracts other critters like raccoons and skunks, so I'd rather deal with them as they are.

I was gonna SAY!!! lol

Anyway, if a bee's nest is on the roof, it means the house is going to burn down. If it's elsewhere, it's a good thing, I think. Bees cause pollination, so they're not all bad.

nniact is offline   Reply With Quote