Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > Babywearing

The Infantino Sash Mei Tai? - Babywearing

Old November 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #1
KPassion
Love My Daughter! <3

Member #: 14390
Question The Infantino Sash Mei Tai?

Has anyone used it? If so, what do you think?

I am torn between trying out the Moby Wrap vs. the Infantino Sash Mei Tai at Babies R Us. We live an hour from BRU and want to make my drive worth it. I want something right now and don't want to get both since I may be getting the Babyhawk Mei Tai soon (I asked for it for Christmas; even if I don't get it for Christmas, I will soon regardless. lol) ...

We have a Baby Bjorn but she is still just too small to feel completely comfortable in it. She loved it the 1st time but every time I wear it now she gets fussy.

KPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #2
RabbitMama85
Mommy to Angie and Allie

Member #: 12297
If you are brave enough to try to moby, I would say that would be most comfortable for the bitty baby...I was scared but now that I've met people that use them I wish I would have bought one. There's nothing stopping me now, but I have a love for my catbird baby mei tai

RabbitMama85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #3
KPassion
Love My Daughter! <3

What do you mean brave the Moby? LOL For now, I am kind of leaning more toward that since she isn't able to hold her head up well just yet (working on it) and she can either sit up for be cradled. I do love the Mei Tai's, though, and will definitely be getting one either way it goes. lol

But, as far as wrapping the Moby, is it difficult and/or dangerous for them AT ALL?????

Old November 26th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Lindsay

Member #: 9094
If you are getting a Babyhawk at some point, I wouldn't even consider buying another Mei Tai b/c to me, a mei tai is a mei tai. Maybe I'm wrong, and I don't have experience with more than one type, but they can't possibly be that different.

The Moby definitely takes more work to get it on and adjusted, and for me, it hurt my back more than the Mei Tai (but I never wore either one for long b/c they both hurt). The Moby is nice b/c once you put it on you ca keep it on without a lot of adjusting. I only used mine when Rae was teeny tiny and I needed to get something done. We got the Babyhawk when she was 2 weeks old and I used that more frequently, and then we got the Ergo and I still use that all the time.

Lindsay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #5
KPassion
Love My Daughter! <3

I agree - the Infantino ($35) Mei Tai looks very similar to the Babyhawk Mei Tai's ($90+). However, I am needing something now. I don't want to spend the cash this weekend on the Babyhawk since I asked for it for Christmas and want to see first if I get it.

So, do you think I should just get the Moby? Or, get the cheaper Mei Tai for now? Ansleigh hates to be put down. She loves to be carried and held/snuggled all.the.time! I figured she could still be up against and close to me but relieves my hands in case I have to do something. I'm torn on which to get! I know it's each his own and whatever you are comfortable with. I guess I could try them both at the store to see which her and I like better. I dunno ...

Old November 26th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #6
crash

Member #: 121
1. baby bjorn (at least front carry) doesn't hold babies in a good position, it places their weight on their pelvis while the other carriers you mentioned you either tuck the legs inward of they are facing you which puts their weight onto their "sits bones" instead.

2. moby is really stretchy so if you don't stretch the fabric to get a good snug fit it can hurt your back while wearing extended periods of time. A proper fit should fix that. I wasn't able to use my moby past about 6 months old with my first kid because of the stretch. He was too mobile at that point and was constantly moving throwing the weight ratio off resulting in back pain.

3. I LOVE ring slings for newborn babies. I didn't know about them with my first, but it is all I used with my second during the itty bitty stage. I can still use the ring slings at 15 months.

4. I used the ergo w/ my son when he outgrew the moby and I loved it. I have a couple of mei tais this time around and I find them WAY more comfy than my ergo, and they were cheaper.

So this isn't decisive at all, but if it was me to do all over again I would have only purchased one ring sling and one mei tai because for me those are the most comfortable and used the longest

Good luck!! I hope she loves whatever you decide

crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #7
crash

Member #: 121
oh and I didn't have a mei tai when either of mine were itty bitty but I would imagine if the only option is moby or mei tai I would pick moby for this age, and just get the babyhawk for xmas to use in a month or two

crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #8
Lindsay

Member #: 9094
If you would end up getting the cheap mei tai now, I wouldn't spend the $$ on a Babyhawk later. That just doesn't make sense. If you prefer the mei tai over the Moby, then I'd just get the cheap one that you can afford now.

Lindsay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
infantino, sash, tai?

The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > Babywearing