Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive a... > TTC a boy/girl

What Are The Foods To Eat To Conceive A Girl? - TTC a boy/girl

Old November 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #1
CrazyBeautiful
Missing my angel Cameron

Member #: 1541
Post What Are The Foods To Eat To Conceive A Girl?

What Are The Foods To Eat To Conceive A Girl?

One of the certain things that you should learn in trying to conceive a girl, or at least give you a higher chance of conceiving a girl is to alter your diet. Modifying your diet will in turn alter your bodys PH balance. To conceive a girl a diet higher in magnesium, calcium and acidic foods are advised.
These are acidic foods, some even more acidic than others would think. The more acid intake you have, the lower your PH level is going to be, making your body a pretty inhospitable place to be. This in effect will most likely kill off the male sperm, and allow the girl sperm a greater chance of reaching the egg and fertilising it.

Here is the short list of foods to eat:
corn
meat
beans
fish
plums
coffee
eggs
liver
yogurt

To conceive a girl, it is also advisable to avoid alkaline based foods, because this will help in optimal chance of having a baby girl, and create a less suitable environment for the boy sperm.
This can include, but is not limited to foods such as:
bananas
orange
potatoes

Diet for Conceiving a Girl Research

Ive been asked on numerous occasions if there is a specific diet for conceiving a girl or boy that will help couples trying to conceive a baby of specific gender. The good news for people looking into this, is that recent research carried out by Oxford and Exeter Universities in the UK, found that what women eat prior to getting pregnant, did have an affect on the sex of their babies.

The main findings of this study included the following tips for following a diet for conceiving a baby girl:

Breakfast no Tiffany women who skipped breakfast were statistically more likely to give birth to a girl, whereas those women who ate breakfast regularly were more likely to have boys. The experts did not recommend skipping breakfast however, although they did suggest having a lighter start to the day by eating nuts and fruit.

Less calories equals more girls women who consumed fewer calories in the period leading up to conception stood a higher chance of becoming pregnant with a girl. The difference in the number of calories consumed was only around 130 (2,413 for a boy vs 2,283 for a girl) but over 55% of those on the higher diet had boys.

Skip the cereals cereal intake seemed to increase the chances of having a male baby. Part of the study found that women who ate more than 1 bowl of cereal a day were less likely to conceive a girl than those who ate less than 1 bowl of cereal a week.

Keep well balanced the experts recommended ensuring you get enough magnesium and calcium in your diet to maximize your chances of conceiving a baby girl.

On the whole the research shows that diets for conceiving a girl do work if you are prepared to look carefully at what you eat for a period of time before you become pregnant. The suggested minimum period for following these tips was 2 or 3 months before conception.

What Are The Foods To Eat To Conceive A Girl?

CrazyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Ladybug1024
It Is What It Is :)

Member #: 14559
wow, this is pretty interesting! I'm not trying to concieve a girl, so I guess I'll do the exact opposite of everything up there LOL but I find it funny b/c I have a girl, and I was mentally checking off everything on that list!! I didnt eat breakfast/cereal, and was on a modified atkins diet right before I got pregnant with her (b/c i was trying to lose weight for my wedding) - so not many calories, and lots of eggs/ meat/ yogurt etc... kind of funny! If you're trying for a girl, hope this works out for you

Ladybug1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #3
CrazyBeautiful
Missing my angel Cameron

Thanks I want a girl so yes, I will be trying this

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Hotpink
Missing My Angels

Member #: 17615
Yams work the best I've heard.

Hotpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #5
CrazyBeautiful
Missing my angel Cameron

well it very popular here

Old November 6th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #6
Adrianne72
TTC with IVF in November!

Member #: 15223
Yummy, I love yams!! I can't really follow this diet for a girl because I'm vegan now but I hope that it works for you ladies who are trying it!!

Adrianne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Hotpink
Missing My Angels

Member #: 17615
I love yams as well, I'll be stocking up on canned yams this month then. lol

Hotpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #8
Zinzolin

Member #: 10879
thanks for the info! I admit I'm always a bit skeptical of this sort of info but hey I'll put the odds in my favor anyway

Zinzolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conceive, foods, girl?

The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive a... > TTC a boy/girl