Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > Breastfeeding Support

When did your baby stop pooping so much? - Breastfeeding Support

Old August 9th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Heather
Peeking in

Member #: 11118
When did your baby stop pooping so much?

I know it's somewhat normal for breastfed babies to go a few days without pooping so much, but I didn't realize it would be that way for us so quick. Especially since he went from having them every time we had to change his diaper to nothing at all so quickly. He turned 7weeks old on Saturday and we haven't seen a poopy diaper since Friday.

Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 9th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #2
emilyp
Clara's mama

Member #: 6232
When mine turned 6 weeks or so, she went 6, then 8, then 13, then 9 days between poops. After that, they gradually became more regular. At 3 months old she was going 1-3 times per day.

I called my pedi about it and they said not to worry unless she was more fussy than usual, had a hard belly, wasn't urinating, was spitting up more than usual, had a fever, or wasn't eating. She didn't seem too bothered by it but I did give her some diluted apple/prune juice after 12 days.

I've heard of EBF babies going 2-3 weeks between BM's, so I wouldn't worry too much unless your LO is acting differently.

emilyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #3
CraftyPesi

Member #: 10709
I was looking forward to that! My lactation consultant said that babies can go for a few days (some even up to 9) without a poop. Baby G went from poops at almost every diaper to 2-3 a day... He's 11 weeks now.

CraftyPesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Heather
Peeking in

Member #: 11118
So it's not odd that it didn't slow down before it just all of a sudden stopped? He's urinating the same amount so I'm not too worried. He still seems to be content nursing 15-30mins every 2hrs.

Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #5
blake

Member #: 9280
Harper only stopped pooping daily, if not more, at about 12 weeks. Then, she would go 3-4 days and do a full diaper. She continues to go about 3-4 days, on occasion everyday. As long as he is nursing and content, I wouldn't be too worried

blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #6
pamplemousse
♥ Byron's mommy ♥

Member #: 2393
I think he slowed down at three months or so.

pamplemousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #7
Lindsay

Member #: 9094
I had Rae's 1 month appt when she was 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Our pedi told me not to be concerned if she stopped pooping at/around 6 weeks. It was literally 6 weeks on the dot that we went days without poop. Her longest was 3 days, but what our doc said was as long as she wasn't acting like she was in pain, she probably wasn't and would be fine. She was right. It all came out eventually!

At 1 month she was literally full of poop at every dipe change. Now, at almost 10 weeks, she poops once or twice a day, typically, sometimes skipping a day here and there.

Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Simply Sarah
Becoming a better me <3

Member #: 396
Elise went every single day, several times a day and gradually got to just once a day but I think she was 3.5 - 4 months when she went THREE days and by the time she went, it was a TON of poop. The cloth kept it contained, thank goodness, but it filled the whole diaper.

There is such a wide range of "normal". As long as the pee output is still good, I wouldn't worry.

Simply Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, much?, pooping, stop

The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > Breastfeeding Support