Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying To Conceive

Anyone who had AF-type bleeding then BFP? - Trying To Conceive

Old April 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #1
rnhellokitty
Eleanor Ione's Mommy!

Member #: 8614
Anyone who had AF-type bleeding then BFP?

Have any of you who have already been pregnant or recently became pregnant have bleeding that you 'thought' was AF only to find out soon after that you were actually pregnant? Just wondering what sort of bleeding you experienced and if it seemed like your regular flow or not. I am sure it's all either unrelated or in my head but I have been experiencing weird seemingly hormone-related things going on and then today out of nowhere I got this huge wave of nausea. I do NOT think I am pregnant but it made me wonder about the above question. Thank you for sharing!

rnhellokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #2
charlie2479

Member #: 8018
Not personally but I do know that my mum didn't know she was pregnant with me till she was 4 months gone because she had AF like bleeding for the first few months, go figure, don't know if that helps

charlie2479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #3
ladystrawberry

Member #: 8095
Although I personally have never had any luck with this happening..... my mother bled for six months with my brother in a timely fashion every month. So it definitely does happen!

ladystrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #4
TXmommy24

Member #: 6860
My SIL had the same thing for the first 4 months of her pregnancy. She would spot and then have a light flow for about 3-4 days...just a little lighter than her regular cycle. So strange to me, but I know that it happens.

TXmommy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #5
NaillijB
Loving my baby girl <3

Member #: 6364
It does actually happen yes, though its never happened to me myself. But I have read about women who don't know their pregnant till they're 4+ months because they are having 'periods' that seem normal even while pregnant. I know it does happen but I'm really not sure how common it is. I know another reason that you could bleed during pregnancy is the loss of a twin early on. That happened to my mom. She got what seemed like a period when she got pregnant with her last, but it turns out she was loosing a twin. She bled till she was 16-17 weeks, and my youngest sister turned out just fine! Strange things do happen!!

NaillijB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #6
brbiemommy

Member #: 5602
With both of my kids I had spotting. But it was a little late. About 1 to 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant I spotted. Went in to the ER and they said everything was fine and I am at greater risk for a m/c. With Skyler they thought they saw a twin...... And could have that we lost. I just know they saw the "twin", gave me a pic and then a few days later I spotted and she was the only one there. One doc said twin the other said shadow. With Kristopher I just spotted, no possible twin that we know of.

brbiemommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
af-type, bfp?, bleeding

The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying To Conceive