Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying To Conceive

Update on Me - Trying To Conceive

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:35 AM   #1
NicoleBeth

Member #: 7506
Update on Me

Hey y'all, just wanted to give a quick update.

We met with the RE last Wednesday. He gave us some good insight and a more in-depth explanation of my balanced translocation. While it isn't impossible for us to get pregnant on our own, any pregnancy has a 70% chance of ending in a miscarriage and could carry a 25% chance of having a stillbirth/not surviving long outside of the womb or a child being born with a severe birth defect. IVF along with another procedure, PGD, will be able to help us achieve a pregnancy without any risks to the fetus, should those eggs implant, but nothing is guaranteed. IVF alone is expensive and adding PGD on top is another $12,000 per round. My RE went ahead and did blood work and an u/s of his own so if we decide to do this, we can just jump right in. There are payment plans and scholarships to apply for should we decide to go ahead with this but DH and I have a lot to discuss. I still haven't really had time to process what the RE told us as that same day, I found out my grandfather passed away. These past 6 weeks have been such a whirlwind of emotions and I've never been so happy to see a new month.

For now, we have put TTC on hold and I will be starting up on BC again. Right now, this is the best decision for us. I will continue to check in on y'all and I hope to see some beautiful BFP's for all of you!

NicoleBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:00 PM   #2
anjie27
frustrated and annoyed..

Member #: 24733
I wish you the best in what you decide to do

anjie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:36 PM   #3
madrose124

Member #: 3739
Hugs girl. I am sorry about your grandfather and I'm sorry about your number odds. I hope that no matter what, you'll be able to feel complete and whole.

madrose124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 01:47 PM   #4
stickyrainbow15
TTC #1

Member #: 28286
I'm sorry about your Grand Father. I hope that you'll find a way to overcome the odd and have your sweet little one.

stickyrainbow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM   #5
Donnagirl

Member #: 9525
I hope things work out for you.

Donnagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 11:55 AM   #6
Jenavive

Member #: 26379
That's a lot to deal with I hope that whatever path you choose works out wonderfully And we're here for you too no matter what you end up doing.

Jenavive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
update