Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > NICU Babies & Preemie Parenting > Let it Out

Vent your frustrations in here - Let it Out

Old November 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1
madrose124

Member #: 3739
Vent your frustrations in here

Nicu & Preemie parenting is stressfull.....so relieve some stress by venting your frustrations to us, we undertstand! Reply to this thread or start your own---don't matter!

Last edited by madrose124; November 16th, 2011 at 06:18 PM..
madrose124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2
mommyblue89

Member #: 17352
Yes it is! I hate hearing family members ask when bentley is going to start walking *he is 13 months... so and so had a baby a month after him and she is walking* Yes I know but he was supposed to be AFTER HER! Then it gets me down bc i feel like he isnt progressing like he should... But my baby is perfect for HIM! And I have a SIL that rubs the fact her son does everything before mine even though he is three months younger.... There are days when she just needs a smack in the face!

mommyblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Hotpink
Missing My Angels

Member #: 17615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyblue89 View Post
Yes it is! I hate hearing family members ask when bentley is going to start walking *he is 13 months... so and so had a baby a month after him and she is walking* Yes I know but he was supposed to be AFTER HER! Then it gets me down bc i feel like he isnt progressing like he should... But my baby is perfect for HIM! And I have a SIL that rubs the fact her son does everything before mine even though he is three months younger.... There are days when she just needs a smack in the face!
Oh, I know how you feel hun. My sister thinks thier kids are so better then mine. Keep your head up high.

Hotpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #4
madrose124

Quote:
that is so annoying! Micah is barely just now sitting on his own and it's not for very long at a time. He's a year old actual and it just kinda stinks when people compare them to normal term babies. I mean, they are expected to be delayed 2-4 months behind their ADJUSTED age for a lot of things.

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Hotpink
Missing My Angels

Member #: 17615
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrose124 View Post
Quote:
that is so annoying! Micah is barely just now sitting on his own and it's not for very long at a time. He's a year old actual and it just kinda stinks when people compare them to normal term babies. I mean, they are expected to be delayed 2-4 months behind their ADJUSTED age for a lot of things.
Aiden was delayed by 3 months it was hard like when i raddled a raddle on one side like to the left of him he would look tores the right.

Hotpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #6
Meggs29

Member #: 10910
My daughter was delayed in sitting on her own....and crawling....then she wasn't standing very well on her own.....the day after her pedi appt where he suggested therapy if she wasn't standing by a certain date----she was standing on her own...one week after her first b-day she was walking and running soon after...

I was very tired of "hearing about it".... luckily my family didn't have much to compare her to.... other than my MIL's BS stories that she would tell us at every visit about DH's older brother's fast development---which we doubt... lol...

Meggs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #7
madrose124

yeah it's really not good to compare preemies to termies. I mean, they missed out on so much "womb time" that its really not the same even when you adjust the age.

My termie son was our first, and riiculously motor skill efficient...i mean walking and running by 9 months, and sitting at 5. This has been a completely opposite experience for us, having a 1 yr old who is just barely sitting, can roll over but not crawl...although he is getting better with his standing and moving legs over to move around stuff. I think he rather walk than crawl, but we really need him to get some trunk strength.

Old November 17th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #8
mommyblue89

Member #: 17352
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrose124 View Post
yeah it's really not good to compare preemies to termies. I mean, they missed out on so much "womb time" that its really not the same even when you adjust the age.

My termie son was our first, and riiculously motor skill efficient...i mean walking and running by 9 months, and sitting at 5. This has been a completely opposite experience for us, having a 1 yr old who is just barely sitting, can roll over but not crawl...although he is getting better with his standing and moving legs over to move around stuff. I think he rather walk than crawl, but we really need him to get some trunk strength.
EXACTLY! My first did everything early... well that is what they compare Bentley too... Him and my nephew.... and EVERY OTHER baby in the world! The doctor set a time-to-worry date and we are still several months from it so i am not worried... I am just worried bc they dont seem to be as interested in him bc he doesnt do the things the other boys do. So mommy babies him *prolly too much lol*

mommyblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frustrations, vent