Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive After 30

Hello Ladies! Sign in Here!! - Trying to Conceive After 30

Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:01 PM   #105
CupcakeMom

Member #: 14415
Name/Screenname: CupcakeMom

Your age: 38

DH's age: almost 39

TTC #: 2

TTC start date: December 2010

Link to chart: n/a

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: I'm worried that it will take a long time to get pg, worried about increased risk of complications due to my age, also the large-ish age gap between kids (dd is almost 6)

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: I had to be induced at 40w4d last time because my blood pressure was high and I had a lot of swelling. They determined it was not pre-eclampsia but I worry about my blood pressure this time around (and the swelling, it was really severe!).

CupcakeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 5th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #106
Carebear

Member #: 14431
Name/Screenname: Carebear

Your age: 34

DH's name and age: Steve 31yrs old

TTC #:3

TTC start date: ? Uncertain. Hoping to get my tubal reversal by April. 21 Jan next Dr's appointment to get my name on the list for surgery - approx 3 month waiting period.

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: Starting over again. Kids are 17/14.
And alot of other concerns and emotions :S

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: After I get my surgery and start TTC, I am sure I will have more advice to offer

Carebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #107
Goober787

Member #: 14507
Name/Screenname: Christine/Goober787

Your age: 33

DH's name and age: Chad/32

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: I don't know if I have any concerns about that.

Goober787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #108
Mrs Adame

Member #: 14479
Name/Screenname: Mrs. Adame

Your age: 34

DH's name and age: 38 tomorrow

TTC #: 1

TTC start date: August 2010 but began charting December 2009

Link to chart: P tracker on my Iphone

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: besides the obvious of Not being successful, I fear becoming obsessed with conceiving and becoming bitter

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: Its ok to have your feelings just don't let them consume you. When you are sad be sad but give yourself a time limit

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: Nothing. We are considered very fertile IDK what's the deal.

Mrs Adame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #109
kristelklear
TTC

Member #: 14440
Waving Saying Hello

Name: Chiquita (I go by KristelKlear)

DH: Destus, 33 y.o.

TTC start date: June 28, 2010

My biggest worry is that I won't be able to have as many kids as I would like. Plus, I'm 5 years older than my sister and would like to have kids before her (selfish, I know, but I can't help it).

I have an appointment in a few weeks: January 31, 2011 to see if everything's working alright...I'm taking 600 mg extended release Mucinex tablets as well as Evening Primose Oil pills from CD1 - CD 15 (1300 mg the first 6 days, then 2600mg from day 7-15) and plan to take flaxseed oil pills after that...I believe I may have uterine lining issues...this is my first month using these supplements...also, I've been religiously taking folic acid, iron, vitamin C and calcium for 2 months now...I plan on adding B6 and Omega 3's after ovulation. I only see EWCM on ovulation day, so that may also be an issue, especially if I don't get to BD on that day.

Last week, I thought I was pregnant for the first time since TTC...I had implantation cramps (I think) for 3 days straight (8-11 dpo). I'd used real egg whites as a lubricant right before sex and lay there for an hour afterwards, this was about 2 days before O'ing. I was a wreck between 12-15 dpo and kept getting negative tests. When I relaxed and finally believed that I may indeed be pregnant, AF showed up. It was the biggest devastation ever for me. At that point I'd been 2 days late and cramping for 2 days straight as well. I'm never late. I hated seeing the look on my husband's face when I told him (I was crying) and I feel so guilty for making it worse on him. Next month, I will do my best to stay positive no matter what.

Thanks for reading my story.

kristelklear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:21 AM   #110
paygee
one tube wonder

Member #: 14708
Name: Paige

DH: Nick, 30 yrs

TTC start date: Nov. 2010

Biggest worry, of course like most, it not happening. Being in my 30's and overweight, that is worrisome, i am trying to lose weight/exercise/eat better. This month I have started positive visualization/meditation and relaxation as well as trying not to obsess. I have read a lot of eastern theory on baby making, and it makes sense. I get so frustrated with all the conflicting things I read, ie "it isn't possible nor necessary to pin point your ovulation" what? "your temp can rise and still you might ovulate earlier or later" how is one to ever know!? all these things swim around in my head and start to drive me nuts!

My advice to over 30 ttcers would be, I am not really sure since I haven't been doing it long myself, but relaxation and positive thinking can't hurt, take care of yourself emotionally. Have someone you can talk to about it, this forum is wonderful I can already tell.

No diagnosis, a bit of a hypochondriac, so i stay away from symptom lists and try not to over think too much. I take Vit C. Omega 3's, B12, B6, prenatal, calcium, rasp. leaf tea. and try to walk/exercise 30 mins plus 3 x's a week. This helps get your chi moving.

Last edited by paygee; February 1st, 2011 at 01:24 AM..
paygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:51 AM   #111
HappyBelly

Member #: 15232
Waving

I wanted to introduce myself before I jump into posting!
Name/Screenname: Laura/HappyBelly

Your age: 36

DH's name and age: Gilbert/35

TTC #:2

TTC start date: 01/2011

Link to chart:I don't chart too much stress for me!

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: I am worried that it will take forever like it did my first. It took us 2 years and 3 losses to conceive him.

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share:[/QUOTE]I have had all of the bloodwork and testing for RPL. I was under the care of a wonderful RE when I conceived DS. I was on progesterone for the first 14 weeks with him. I had 3 m/c while ttc the first time.

HappyBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM   #112
CindyH
Loving our sweet rainbow!

Member #: 15315
Name/Screenname: Cindy (CindyH)

Your age: 39

DH's name and age: Darren, 38 today!

TTC #: 2 (we both have 1 child from previous marriages, so technically #3, but #2 for me)

TTC start date: Jan. 2011

Link to chart: Not charting yet, just using OPK.

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: that it will take forever, or not happen at all. I also worry about abnormalities.

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: I haven't been doing this long enough to give advice - I'm here to get it from all of you knowledgeable ladies!

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: I have been diagnosed with low progesterone, and take 200mg sublingual supplements during the 2ww.

CindyH is offline   Reply With Quote