Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Labor & Birth > Birth Stories

Annelise Josephines birth story w/pics!! - Birth Stories

Old August 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #1

Member #: 2123
Biggrin Annelise Josephines birth story w/pics!!

So just about a week earlier I went to the hospital convinced my water was leaking. They checked me out and told me it was just pee because the baby was sitting so low. So they sent me home. Then on July 30th (at 37 weeks) I woke up just before 4am and had to pee. As i was pulling my pants back up ....Woosh! my water broke and there was no mistaking it for urine! I yelled for dh to wake up and come to the bathroom as I stood there in shock (pants half pulled up). He came in and i said "well i thought my water broke but maybe it was pee" then whoosh another gush of water. No doubt my water but I was so scared to go to the hospital just for them to tell me i was peeing myself. Dh said no thats your water call the Dr. I said I didnt want to wake them up so I would call when I started having contractions. haha good thing I didnt wait til that happened because I never started having contractions! of course I had major bh contractions from 18 weeks on and when I needed them I didnt get them. It was kind of nice though, I was able to take a shower and finish packing and I even cleaned the house.

I finally called the Dr (the dr I liked was at the hospital that day so I was very excited!!) we got to the hospital at 6am. Still no contractions. The Dr checked me out and I was 3cm and 90% effaced and was told it was definatly my water that broke. (At 32 weeks I was 2cm and 70% effaced). They placed an IV cath and started fluids until they got me out of triage and into a labor and delivery room. At 8:30 they started the pitocin. Holy Crap that stuff is nasty!! I went from no contractions at all and then within 10 minutes I was having super strong contractions every 2-3 minutes! I was determined no to get an epidural though so I sucked up the pain and starred at a picture I brought along of my dog Dale.

I was progressing really well. When the Dr. checked me and I was 5cm she said "well i think you can really do this without an epidural". The next time I was checked I was 8cm. Then within an hour my MIL asked if I was feeling pressure like I needed to push, I said I think I feel a bulge but I hurt so bad that I cant tell if I have any pressure! So she grabbed the Dr and she came in to check me and then it was on, I was ready to push!! I have never pushed so hard hard and felt so much pain in my life. I pushed for 40 minutes and her head popped out. I dont think Ive ever screamed that loud before.

All kinds of nurses came in because she was a "suprise baby" and they wanted to see if it was a girl or boy. They dont have too many suprise babies anymore. The nurse couldnt beleive I was having my first baby all natural, it made me feel good. What a relief when the rest of her body came out and they said "Its a girl!!" I was just in shock. They placed her on my chest and she was just beautiful, it was the most amazing experience ever. Then they claned her up and weighed her then handed her off to dh. Then came the crappy part.... delivering the placenta and getting stitched up. I ripped a little at the top and the bottom and also ripped my urethra. She had to place a urinary cath to make sure everything was ok.

She was born at 2:20pm weighed 5lbs 12oz. Im so happy to have had such an awesome experience! I am just in love with my new baby girl!! If you made it all the way through my "book" then cudos to you!! Here are some pics.

lynn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #2

Member #: 5281
She's beautiful! You did an awesome job!

2xMarchMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #3
Loving Motherhood!

Member #: 5459
That was a GREAT story. It made me get all weepy hehe. Congratulations! You both look beautiful!

rosered2384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #4

Member #: 1229
Congratulations! She looks beautiful!
Good luck to your new family.

girljen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #5

Member #: 3696
awww she's beautiful!!!

kudos to you for natural childbirth, i tried it but after 13 hours of natural labour, i was spent!!! hopefully this time my water will break!!

i am so excited for you!!! that story made me tear up a little....

and i know about getting sewn up and waiting for the placenta to pass...you're just like, HURRY UP ALREADY! lol

congrats to you and your man she's precious!

Tes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #6

Congratulations, mama! I'm having a surprise baby, too, and hope to do it all natural. You're my hero now!

I just read this to my husband and ended up in tears. Yes, I cried when I got to the part about your tearing. Ow.

You look beautiful, too!!!

-- Andrea in New Mexico

anm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #7

Member #: 54
Congratulations! She's beautiful!!!!! Fabulous story,and you look fabulous in the hospital pic, how soon after the birth was that taken??

diznynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #8
Missing my angel Cameron

Member #: 1541
She's beautiful! You did an awesome job!

CrazyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote

annelise, birth, josephines, story, w/pics!!