Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Labor & Birth > Birth Stories

Charlotte May's Birth - Birth Stories

Old October 10th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #1

Member #: 8018
Charlotte May's Birth

Charlotte May born 28/08/10
8pd 6oz (3.8kg)
49cm long
34.8cm hc

I am writing this more for a record for myself but I really hope you all enjoy it, I did
So the 28/08/10 was a saturday morning and as usual I was awake at 5:30am and checking out what you are all doing, I had found myself doing this almost every morning for the last month or so cause i just couldn't sleep. I felt fine, just had the usual aches and pains that come with being 38+6 weeks preggo, at about 7am i decided that I could finally go back to sleep so crawled back into bed next to DH, the next thing i know he is waking me to say he is off to his dads for breakfast,
"huh what time is it?" i ask
"it 9:45, i won't be long love you"
"ok babe love you"
and off he goes, meanwhile i lay there thinking hmmmmm Mcdonalds hotcakes, if i am quick i can make in time before they stop serving so i roll out of bed and shuffle off to the shower.
As i start the mammoth task of washing me i feel a BH start, had been having these for a few weeks, just period pain type thing really, this one did seem to last a long time though. I finish and turn off the taps, still looking forward to my special breakkie, but just before i step out of the shower i look down and see what i think is my mucus plug land at my feet , bugga there goes the hotcakes so i get dressed and think i should ring my midwife just to let her know, as i go looking for the phone i notice another BH, i page my midwife and her backup called me, we chatted for a bit and she thought it sounded like pre labour and told me to sit back relax and ring if things changed, it was about 10:20am.
I rand DH and asked him to pick up some pain killers on the way home and just said that things might be starting, he said he would be home in about an hour, i said thats fine just bring the drugs
after i hung up i realised that the BH were still happening, :I donít know: ohhh well not alot i can do so took the dog out, when i came back in a friend of mine was ringing me (now this is freaky, his wife is 1 of my closest friends and agreed to be 1 of my support people if i needed her) i answered the phone and said
"hi Karl whats up?"
"not alot are you alright?"
"yeah i'm fine"
"is anything happening?"
"well as a matter of fact, yes"
"we are on our way see you in 20mins"
"ohhhhh ok c u soon"
It was about 10:55am
So while i waited i had a sudden gush of fluid, but only enough to need to change my pad, my pants were fine and i noticed the BH starting to get abit more of a bite to them so i thought just out of interest i would time them, they did seem rather close, hmmmmm 2mins and lasting about 50 sec, but not really hurting just yet so can't be anything to worry about, ok thats Karl and Tracy arriving and here come another 1, ok had to breath through that, Karl walks in watches for a minute sees another and says i think you better call DH and the midwife, i reluctantly agreed, DH said i am on my way and midwife Anne said see you in hospital at 12pm, so off we go
Get to hospital, Anne says your 2cm and still thick but you have Meconnium in your waters so you have to be monitored , up to the labour room we went
12:30pm they hook me up to the monitors, baby is fine i am contracting every minute
I labour fully clothed leaning on the bed for the next 2 hours, then i get so hot i had to take my Tshirt off and DH held cold face washers to my back and neck
3:15pm i agree to try the gas 3 contractions later i need to lay down, Anne leaves the room for something, 2 contractions later i yell at my friend Tracy to get Anne "I am pushing and i can't stop it" Anne comes back, i manage to wriggle out of pants and undies, Anne checks, says "your 10cms go for it"
I pushed for just under an hour and after an unnessersary episiotomy Charlotte came in to this world healthy and screaming
So from start to finish it was 6 1/2 hrs, almost drug free, DH was amazing and did everything i needed of him, i loved every minute and cant wait to do it again despite the not so good recovery

charlie2479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old October 11th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #2

Member #: 6236
Congratulations Mama!!! Sounds like you did amazing!!!

.Andrea. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #3

Member #: 11225
Sounds like a great experience! Glad it went so well!

sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #4

Member #: 13453
Congratulations! Great birth! Glad your baby is here and in your arms

Sevenladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #5
Love my baby boy!

Member #: 7067
congratulations! thanks for sharing!

rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:23 AM   #6
loving life

Member #: 7618
Thanks for sharing!! Congrats it sounds like a great experience!! Glad everything went well and you now have your baby in your arms!

OhMyLuckyStar is offline   Reply With Quote

birth, charlotte, may's