Warning: file_get_contents(http://images.imagenetcom.com/hxml.php?a=inner&host=www.themommyplaybook.com) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in [path]/includes/functions.php(5722) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: file_get_contents(http://images.imagenetcom.com/hxml.php?a=inner&host=www.themommyplaybook.com) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in [path]/includes/functions.php(5722) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: file_get_contents(http://images.imagenetcom.com/hxml.php?a=inner&host=www.themommyplaybook.com.x) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in [path]/includes/functions.php(5722) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: file_get_contents(http://images.imagenetcom.com/xml.php?a=inner&host=www.themommyplaybook.com) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in [path]/includes/functions.php(5722) : eval()'d code on line 14
2009 Playgroup - Testing into kindergarden? Your thoughts? - Page 2 - The Mommy Playbook

Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

We've enjoyed nine wonderful years together and sadly are having to announce that the TMP forums are closing. All the threads, posts and pictures will remain. Hopefully some of the conversations out here will help you on your journey whether it's into parenthood or in the midst of the madness. ;)

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2009 Playgroup

Testing into kindergarden? Your thoughts? - 2009 Playgroup

Old April 13th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #9
Xyris
Illuminated with Love

Member #: 1456
I'd hold her back.

Even if they're "ready" emotionally, or academically, there's no denying their bodies are small and it's hard on them.

Xyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 12th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #10
rideswithchrist
beyond blessed

Member #: 8881
Im my state (Texas) they don't do it anyway because school is not required until 6 as a 1st Grader.
Mine was mentally and emotionally ready for kinder. Holding her back would have been harmful. Only you know your child. How does she act with kids younger?- If she is bossy, holding her back won't help that at all.

My brother however was a big baby so my mom held him back even though he turned 5 the same month school began- it was good for him!

I homeschooled for K and put her on the list to test into a Charter school.
I then decided to homeschool for good

rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #11
Xyris
Illuminated with Love

Member #: 1456
We had decided to get one of our kids tested, who turns 5 in September. Turns out our district charges $150 for the test and there's no refund if your child doesn't qualify to begin school. So I opted just to homeschool him this year and enroll him into K next year.

Our state is the same as TX, school isn't required by law until a child turns 6.

Xyris is offline   Reply With Quote