Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The Preschooler Playground (ages 3-5)

I need toileting help for my sanitys sake! - The Preschooler Playground (ages 3-5)

Old March 25th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #17
Tira
Administrator

Member #: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhoping View Post
Where I live it is mandatory, If you do not send your child to pre k , they call in Child services. If you do not put your child in pre K, they will do it for you. I would not have said this If I have not experienced this from witnessing this in my own areas I live in. I dont see how I can get a toss from just talking about something true in the areas I live in. It may not be written that its true law. But it is very much so non the less, If you do not put your child in pre k and if they go to put your child in and you refuse they will take your child away from you. Also Pre k Is apart of Board of education where i do live. Its prek - 12th grade. People can say it is not right, and that maybe true, but its the truth where im from and it is what is going on. Thank you for pointing out the tos, I dont know why your pointing them to me though. I simply did not want to argue something i already knew in my area to be true. I was not bating, flaming nor harassing, just did not want to argue....
I'll let the others reply to the prek comments should they wish. I will PM you regarding the latter.

Tira is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 25th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #18
Altrix
aka 55555

Member #: 17653
In NY you have until the age of 6 to enrol your child in school.

At age 5, if you *wish* to send your child to kindergarten, a spot must be found for them, you are not denied placement for your child, but you are more than welcome to keep them at home until 6 years of age

http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/lawsregs/3205.html

Altrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #19
justhoping

Member #: 25949
Altix I know
what is "allowed", but I know what is physically done at least around my area in regaurds to pre k. Which would be if you do not send your own child you would they would place your child for you. Not so nice, but it happens. . Not right either. Anyway Now im getting off track and I didnt want to do that as this was not about that, im sorry for doing that. .

justhoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #20
justhoping

Member #: 25949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tira View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhoping View Post
Where I live it is mandatory, If you do not send your child to pre k , they call in Child services. If you do not put your child in pre K, they will do it for you. I would not have said this If I have not experienced this from witnessing this in my own areas I live in. I dont see how I can get a toss from just talking about something true in the areas I live in. It may not be written that its true law. But it is very much so non the less, If you do not put your child in pre k and if they go to put your child in and you refuse they will take your child away from you. Also Pre k Is apart of Board of education where i do live. Its prek - 12th grade. People can say it is not right, and that maybe true, but its the truth where im from and it is what is going on. Thank you for pointing out the tos, I dont know why your pointing them to me though. I simply did not want to argue something i already knew in my area to be true. I was not bating, flaming nor harassing, just did not want to argue....
I'll let the others reply to the prek comments should they wish. I will PM you regarding the latter.
ok

justhoping is offline   Reply With Quote