Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > The Chatty Shack! > The Cafe > TMP Polls

Going Natural - TMP Polls

View Poll Results: Did you go natural?
I went 100 % natural and would do it again in a heartbeat! 12 21.43%
I went 100% natural but would NOT consider doing it again. 1 1.79%
I went natural part of the way but ended up having to use some pain intervention 18 32.14%
I got the epidural ASAP! 15 26.79%
Other 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Kelkel85

Member #: 19567
Going Natural

Just wanting to get some feedback from you BTDT Mommas. I've heard such varying views on natural childbirth and wanted to get some opinions. If you've gone natural, would you do it again? In your opinion was it worth the experience? If not, how did you feel about your decision afterward?
Please explain your answers...Thanks!

Last edited by Kelkel85; January 22nd, 2013 at 05:25 PM..
Kelkel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Pumpkin Pie
La La La La Lola!

Member #: 12708
I used gas and air and every pain killer in the book with my son and was spaced out during most of the delivery. My daughter didn't give me any time to get meds going and I gave birth to her just about as natural as you can get without planning to!

Luckily my daughter flying out in just a couple of pushes made it pretty great and I remember it all because I wasn't spaced out! The labor was all in my back though and was excruciating and the only thing I really wanted to cry about!

I would say that I would definitely do a natural birth again in a heartbeat if I am lucky to have such a quick labor and delivery again! I recovered quicker, had my whits about me a lot quicker and I was able to take it all in.

I definitely wouldn't say no to pain killers if I needed them though!

Pumpkin Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Munko

Member #: 14753
My labor was natural for 23 of my 26 hours. I never wanted the epi but got scared into it by the staff, so I took it and my already hard an scary labor got worse at that moment. I also demanded they give me the smallest dose possible. In turn it made me itchy all over where I should have been numb, but not numb!

As bad as my labour was before the epi, I'd do it all over again and avoid any meds. My bubs didn't like the epi at all and reacted quite strongly. No amount of pain relief is worth that experience again!

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4
_Carlene_
I love my girls!

Member #: 10264
I was induced both times with an epidural. With the next one I'm going completely natural with a water birth hopefully

_Carlene_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:52 PM   #5
megan112984

Member #: 22082
I fully intended on getting an epi asap, but my little girl came too fast & I wasn't able to get one, so it ended up being natural. Wouldn't do it again naturally.

megan112984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:08 PM   #6
Divamama
Arty farty crunchy type

Member #: 22059
I went natural both times and I intend to again if given the choice. I had a little gas with my first but nothing else, and nothing with my second. I swear by a homeopathic remedy called Rescue Remedy that calms and soothes you, it's just enough to take the edge off during transition, when you can start to panic and feel like you can't possibly do this any longer. And it's safe as houses for bubs.

Divamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #7
reddlox

Member #: 11243
I went natural with both my babies and it was fine. Labour is hard no matter what, but your body produces endorphins to help you through it and they benefit the baby too.

reddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:14 PM   #8
mom2be

Member #: 10003
I said other because I went 100% natural, but it wasn't planned nor on purpose - just went too fast and didn't have time. That being said, I'm open to natural with this one, but am not at all opposed to asking for that epidural if it comes down to it. Whatever you do - DO NOT get the drug they give you in your IV - it does not work and only makes you hallucinate!!! (Okay, that's my experience only, but still - didn't dull my pain one bit)

Also, you have to go into it knowing that every labor experience is different. Some have long drawn out labors that make you exhausted, but contractions are manageable, others (like me) have super fast ones with horrendous contractions, but it's over quickly and once it was - I was glad that I didn't have the epidural. You just never know.

Last edited by mom2be; January 22nd, 2013 at 09:17 PM..
mom2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
natural