Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Due Date Clubs > Aug - Dec. 2015 Due Date Club

17 week OB appt. - Aug - Dec. 2015 Due Date Club

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:41 AM   #17
nimrastar
is TTC #2!

Member #: 19751
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible_ink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrastar View Post
All I know is that I made it to 7cm and the only thing I found excruciating was the cervical checks to see how dilated I was. Jacob never dropped below -2 station. He was improperly positioned and got stuck in my pelvis with his head tilted backwards. Went into distress because I was basically bashing his face into my pubic bone with every contraction and no fluid left to cushion him.

~Nim
Yeah actually my babies don't engage...like ever. Even after they broke my water my babies' heads just float up there until the LAST possible second and then they finally find their way out. I have a narrow pelvis, and all three of my OBs/Midwives have told me this. It's not uncommon, but squatting to give birth helped me a lot with my last one. ENGAGE baby, ENGAGE.

Sounds like an awful time you had of it, though. Pushing and not making progress, and then suddenly going into distress--every mom's fear right there! Labor is dang hard work.
Would you like to play doula for me?? It sounds like we might have similar bone structure issues. I just had an OB that cornered me into a cesarean without letting me stand much during labor because "the cord might fall out".

~Nim

nimrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old May 21st, 2015, 11:21 AM   #18
calucy

Member #: 21939
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrastar View Post
Would you like to play doula for me?? It sounds like we might have similar bone structure issues. I just had an OB that cornered me into a cesarean without letting me stand much during labor because "the cord might fall out". ~Nim
That is ridiculous. For all of time women have been squatting to give birth. Hello, gravity.

I wish I could be your doula!

calucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:24 AM   #19
calucy

Member #: 21939
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible_ink View Post
Yeah actually my babies don't engage...like ever. Even after they broke my water my babies' heads just float up there until the LAST possible second and then they finally find their way out. I have a narrow pelvis, and all three of my OBs/Midwives have told me this. It's not uncommon, but squatting to give birth helped me a lot with my last one. ENGAGE baby, ENGAGE. Sounds like an awful time you had of it, though. Pushing and not making progress, and then suddenly going into distress--every mom's fear right there! Labor is dang hard work.
That makes sense then why transition would be tough. For me it happened kinda slowly so I could handle it. I didn't have that ring if fire thing going on. My sister did with her second cause she said it happened so fast she had a hard time keeping on top of it, she also hadn't practiced her hypnobirthing as much the second one and she said she wished she had. So that has motivated me to practice a lot.

calucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 12:22 PM   #20
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Member #: 6395
Aw Nim, that happens way too often. I don't know WHERE these doctors are getting it into their heads that its safer for mom and baby to cut her open on a table, but it infuriates me to no end. It does sound like we have a similar bone structure with the narrow pelvis thing. I would have never thought it because I have some very impressively wide hips (ahem, BUTT), and I look like I'm made to just pop babies out. But they actually have a hard time getting into the birth canal. You know I would have advocated for you had I been there! Cord falling out. Ridiculous.

Lucy, you've motivated me to get going on my hypnobirthing again. I pulled out the book last night, and I'm looking for the CDs. I'm sure they're around somewhere

invisible_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 12:35 PM   #21
dcptfan
Pregnant with my first!

Member #: 22531
I am very interested in trying to do a natural birth and utilizing the birthing bar at my hospital. I will look into the hypnobirthing as well!

dcptfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:59 PM   #22
Benjamin'sMommy

Member #: 14367
I wish I could relate to you ladies. For me the epi doesn't hurt at all and helps me a lot. My ob told me after my son was born I was made for giving birth. I've never had any complications or long labors.
I truly feel for those that have difficulties and wish it was easy for us all.

Benjamin'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:17 PM   #23
MuppetWrangler
Mrs Wrangler

Member #: 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin'sMommy View Post
I wish I could relate to you ladies. For me the epi doesn't hurt at all and helps me a lot. My ob told me after my son was born I was made for giving birth. I've never had any complications or long labors.
You wouldn't want to relate then lol we should all want to relate to YOU! I wish for the epi and an easy labor

MuppetWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:26 PM   #24
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Member #: 6395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin'sMommy View Post
I think that's great! Epidurals actually did work well for me the two times I used them, but with my new scar tissue it's just not going to work out this time. Sadly. Some women are just blessed to have smooth labors, and I think that's wonderful! We could use more positive birth stories floating around.

invisible_ink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appt., week