Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive After Loss > Trying Again: Our Journals > Shout Outs

Replies/Shout-outs for Katie - Shout Outs

Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM   #17
mmekatiebug
Praying for a lil miracle

Member #: 17043
Thanks Amanda. He went and talked to the man's sister and her husband tonight. They are neighbors of DH's parents and he has known them for at least a decade. They are very close, we go out to dinner on Fridays and get together for Alabama football and they've even gone on vacation together. He says he feels a little better now about what to say. I just told him to let God talk and whatever needed to be said would come out. Still gonna be tough but I know he can do it.

mmekatiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #18
koa
i ♥ my SONshine

Member #: 15788
Quote:
It always reminds me of that walk I took when I was pregnant and how different everything looked.
I totally remember this....

Glad your fam didn't "treat you different'". I was afraid of that too!

koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #19
Mandamoo06

Member #: 14108
Sorry to hear of you and DH arguing. That always sucks, but any normal relationship is going to have it's moments. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you aren't a bad person and you are most definitely deserving of a child. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Mandamoo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #20
koa
i ♥ my SONshine

Quote:
Things have gotten a little better, I did get lots of work done and DH and I worked things out kinda so I'm feeling a little bit better. I was just remembering how excited DH was when I told him I was pregnant and how close we felt that day, how happy he was and how he would just look at me and smile and I knew he was thinking about the baby. It was our little secret and we talked about names, we talked about things we would buy and where baby would sleep... We only had one day of that, because the day after I told him, my spotting started. It was the one-year anniversary of the death of his grandfather, and I felt so horribly guilty for making that day worse for him. I wanted to tell him the day before to make the anniversary of his loss easier, but instead I just made it worse. I know I couldn't have done anything differently, but I still feel like I failed at being pregnant and I failed at making him happy, even though he tells me I do make him happy. Maybe that's why my mood has been so up-and-down lately, the slightest thing makes me start thinking that I've failed at the one thing I wanted most. I need to remind myself that this was not my one and only shot, that God has a plan for me, that I didn't fail or do anything wrong, and that my dream of becoming a mother will come true when it's time. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
So glad that you and DH were able to hash it out and that you feel a bit better. I think there's a bunch of us in a rut right now.

Bolded #1: TOTALLY remember this feelin too.

Bolded #2: I have been REALLLLY trying to tell myself that too. Especially now. So hard to believe myself, but when I see someone else struggle with the same thing, I tend to believe it. Funny how that works, huh?

wishing you better days ahead!

Old November 8th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #21
koa
i ♥ my SONshine

Glad work has been a distraction for you! It does really help to just focus on other things other than the m/c.....

I have nothing to distract myself right now. I probably won't be going back to work until after Thanksgiving.

Old November 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #22
emmore
I make good girls

Member #: 14740
SO HAPPY that the witch is gone!! Now, go and get that spark back with DH, even if you need condoms this time

I'm happy that you're starting to feel like your old self again. It's okay to feel down and out sometimes. I'm sure I will for a long time to come when I think about my loss.
Besides - all of the hormone ups and downs can really wreak havoc on moods!

Those peppers sound like they are (would've been?) fantastic!

emmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #23
koa
i ♥ my SONshine

Glad the fire wasn't any worse than it was! how scary!

I hate frying anything. Ok, I just hate cooking Does your DH cook?

Old November 9th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #24
Mandamoo06

Member #: 14108
My goodness! I'm glad you didn't set your house on fire and that you were able to turn the oven off and have everything be ok. Sounds like we both had a crazy night last night. I'm glad that AF has left and you're another step closer to TTC again.

Mandamoo06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
katie, replies/shout-outs