Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2013 Playgroups > 2013 Playgroups > January 2013 Playgroup

How are all the Mommies and Babies doing? - January 2013 Playgroup

Old March 24th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Mother2Many
Thinking Atheist

Member #: 17939
How are all the Mommies and Babies doing?

We had a scare as Carter was admitted for FTT = Failure to Thrive. He was in the hospital for a week as they tried to figure out WHY. I was nursing but he would nurse for 2-3-4 hours straight at a time. I was also tandem nursing so I knew I had enough milk. Turns out he is Hypoglycemic so he was burning calories as fast as he was eating them. Because of the hospital interventions we've unfortunately had to switch to formula. I'm still pumping for him but the supply is dwindling as I try and care for the rest of the family at the same time. My toddler helps with nursing from time to time too, but it just isn't enough to exclusively pump. I'm very much saddened by this but so happy my baby monkey boy has gone from a steady 7lbs 4oz all the way to to over 10 pounds now in just a short time - and growing!

My biggest gripe is that AF will probably show up way sooner than I had ever wanted. I suppose when she does we can get to TTC #10 and finally put our baby making days behind us, as #10 will be the end for me/us biologically!

So how is everyone else doing? How big are your babies getting? What milestones have they all reached?

Mother2Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 1st, 2013, 02:32 AM   #2
mandalynn

Member #: 16825
Oh how scarry! Im so glad to hear your sweet boy is doing better and putting on some pounds! Although thats a bummer that he's needed formula and your milk supply has dwindled

Weston is doing well. We just had his two month check up. He now weighs 13 pounds! Little chuncker He's very vocal, all oohs and ahs. And he's just starting to smile. He's stingy with those smiles though. They dont come out often. For the most part he's a pretty relaxed baby. I finally feel like w're settling into our new routines... sort of! The biggest thing remains lack of sleep but i know that will last for a while which is ok. Baby's gotta eat, and often! Even in the middle of the night.... how else would he get that cute baby chub that i love!

Hope the other babies and mammas are doing great! Im anxious to see some more replies and hear how the babes are doing!

mandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM   #3
CindyH
Loving our sweet rainbow!

Member #: 15315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalynn View Post
Oh how scarry! Im so glad to hear your sweet boy is doing better and putting on some pounds! Although thats a bummer that he's needed formula and your milk supply has dwindled

Weston is doing well. We just had his two month check up. He now weighs 13 pounds! Little chuncker He's very vocal, all oohs and ahs. And he's just starting to smile. He's stingy with those smiles though. They dont come out often. For the most part he's a pretty relaxed baby. I finally feel like w're settling into our new routines... sort of! The biggest thing remains lack of sleep but i know that will last for a while which is ok. Baby's gotta eat, and often! Even in the middle of the night.... how else would he get that cute baby chub that i love!

Hope the other babies and mammas are doing great! Im anxious to see some more replies and hear how the babes are doing!
Amanda!! So glad to see this update from you, and happy to hear you and baby are doing well! I have been wondering how you were doing! HUGS girl!!

CindyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4
mandalynn

Aw, thanks cindy yeah, i havent been on much since having the baby but things are settling down now and i just got a new tablet so i hope to be checking in more again! Love your profile pic with your sweet little lady! Beautiful!

Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:33 AM   #5
Mother2Many
Thinking Atheist

Carter is now over 11 pounds, but all of the sickies the kids bring home with them has Carter on a nebulizer treatment for the time being as he fights this cough him and all the kids have.

Otherwise his first Easter was a good one. We all had a blast with our huge egg hunt.

Here's Carter on Easter Day all GQ'd out! :P

Last edited by Mother2Many; April 3rd, 2013 at 01:36 AM..
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:38 AM   #6
Mother2Many
Thinking Atheist

Quote:

Routines are a ploy to make you feel comfortable and then they pull the rug out from under you and change it all up on you again! LOL

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #7
mandalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother2Many View Post
Quote:

Routines are a ploy to make you feel comfortable and then they pull the rug out from under you and change it all up on you again! LOL

Lol. So true! I guess its less that we have a routine and more that im just getting used to life with baby.

Carter looks so cute! LOVE that pic with those big beautiful eyes! So handsome.

Old April 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #8
roziecakes
Maisie & Lyric's Mommy ♥

Member #: 16954
Carter is SO CUTE!!!!

roziecakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babies, doing?, mommies