Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The Toddler Years

Acid Reflux in Kids? - The Toddler Years

Old December 10th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #1
MrsNimkumpoop

Member #: 12900
Acid Reflux in Kids?

Anyone ever have their babies reflux not go away and end up getting worse through the years?

I feel so bad for DS, it just doesn't seem normal to me that a 3 year old has to have his acid reflux medicine changed to something stronger because his has gotten so bad.

Anyone else have a child like this? Was it really reflux? Or did it turn out to be something else down the line?

MrsNimkumpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old December 10th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Munko

Member #: 14753
DD will be 3 in feb and still spits up from time to time. They blame it on her laxative but we won't know for sure until she's off of it. It bothers her now, though.

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #3
MrsNimkumpoop

Member #: 12900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munko View Post
DD will be 3 in feb and still spits up from time to time. They blame it on her laxative but we won't know for sure until she's off of it. It bothers her now, though.
Poor girl

Yeah, the past 2-3 months DS throws up at least 2 times a week at night, or during the night, and its full on throwing up, at least 2-3 times, sometimes more. On nights he doesn't do that, he coughs and coughs and starts crying because you can tell stuff is coming up in his throat and burning. It's never been this bad, which is why the doctor switched to something stronger, which is so darn expensive even with insurance, but I just can't see him suffer like this anymore

MrsNimkumpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Benjamin'sMommy

Member #: 14367
Ask the Dr about his esophagus and the esophagus valve. As a child I had esophageal valve dysfunction and it will still act up sometimes for me as an adult. I dont remember spitting up a lot or reflux, but its where the valve doesn't work quite right and it can allow food not to go down right or get stuck as well as let more acid and food to come back up.
Mine is food gets stuck going down and its very painful.

Benjamin'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acid, kids?, reflux