Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > NTNP (Not Trying Not Preventing)

Question for you ladies - NTNP (Not Trying Not Preventing)

Old November 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Mrs.Kobasic72
Blessed

Member #: 21118
Question for you ladies

Hello there! I havent been on here in a while. Last time I was on was right after giving birth to my son who in a couple days will be 10 months old already! Wow does time fly! But ok here is my question. I am really having the baby fever again and had quite a miserable pregnancy first time around. I am in need of going back for my BSN as my hospital is making this a requirement. I was thinking of getting off the pill when my son is a year and just seeing what happens. I plan to start school end of the year. How long have you heard of it taking for someone to get pregnant while NTNP? It took me six months with my first and that was with very very much trying and tracking. I'm truly nervous about it in the sense of being in school, online, with a very active child and the potential to have another. It so fun pregnancy. What do you ladies thing? Should I wait until he's 2 and I'm already in school a bit? I don't want them too far apart but I also don't want to overwhelm myself. Any thoughts?

Mrs.Kobasic72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 30th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #2
rideswithchrist
beyond blessed

Member #: 8881
It is up to you! Mine were 2.5 and 2 when the new one was born (read: potty trained) and it was fun and hard having an infant and a toddler. I am grateful for them being close in age though.
I think it depends entirely on you, what you and your hubby want and what you are going to do after school (are you staying home or working and sending them to daycare etc).

I got pregnant the first cycle with DD2- so you taking 6 months the first time may or may not be a factor

I say go for it if your hubby and you want another!

2 was pretty easy, but when I had the 3rd, I quit working (I brought them with me once a week).

rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #3
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Member #: 6395
Like Michelle said, that's totally up to you! I had all 3 of my kids while in school full-time, and I'm not gonna lie--it's hard. But doable! I got pregnant with my second child when our first was just 8 months old. I love how close they are because they are little buddies! It worked out having 2 that close together. Two kids really aren't hard to handle at all, especially when they like all the same things and such. When I added number 3, things got quite a bit more complicated, but again, I was in school full-time so that's what made it especially stressful.

I conceived all my kiddos pretty quickly. Okay really quickly. 2 cycles of active trying for the first, and then "slip ups" with the subsequent two. This time around I'm NTNP, and after 2 cycles I haven't conceived. So hey, you never know. I'm just leaving it up to God and letting Him dictate the timing. He's never let me down before

invisible_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:40 AM   #4
Mrs.Kobasic72
Blessed

Thanks ladies so much for the feed back!

Old December 3rd, 2014, 02:53 PM   #5
rideswithchrist
beyond blessed

Member #: 8881
I have to ask too (I had all homebirths) what's a BSN?

rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #6
Mrs.Kobasic72
Blessed

Bachelors of Science in Nursing

Tags
ladies, question