Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > NTNP (Not Trying Not Preventing)

Chit Chat (june?) - NTNP (Not Trying Not Preventing)

Old August 6th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #49
chels

Member #: 18268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenavive View Post
Ahh I just wondered because I haven't seen you. I would do the same with continuing to nurse my baby over stopping to try for another. If it happens again it will. I hope you do get regular cycles again! That must be rough. I don't know if I'm fertile or not but my family is overly so I assume I should be.
I really haven't seen any reason to suspect you are not fertile. Your cycles are regular, etc etc. my cycles were never regular, so I kinda knew that I wasn't. I'm hoping to be regular for the first time ever that would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideswithchrist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chels View Post
I'm still ntnp but don't check in much. I'm fairly sure I'm not fertile. We are 9 months post partum and still nursing, still NO af, not even spotting. And I'm not really willing to change b's nursing to try for a baby when I don't even know if another baby CAN happen. There are too many what ifs on that so id rather give b the best I can.

Then as frustrating as all that is, I'm getting more and more nervous about af coming because after I finally get one ill start to get a pretty darn good idea of where I stand-if I get af and then don't get another for 6+ weeks well then I guess my cycles are just gonna be the same ole s*** they used to be, and I won't be very optimistic of a miracle #2. If they do somehow miraculously come back "normal" then YAY! But I don't know if I even dare to hope for that.

I want to hope for it. That somewhere along the lines pregnancy required my body's hormones to signal everything happening ON TIME, but...and sorry to dump all that on ya. It's been weighing on me lately as we get closer and closer to the one year mark. I know that 14 months is the average time a nursing mom gets af back, and I know this is all so normal, especially since I'm never away from my daughter, but I just can't help this overwhelming feeling that this is so typical of my body-af? Eh we don't need that yet.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy not having af. It's amazing when you aren't ttc. And I'm in no rush. But most in my ddc have at least had spotting. And not having had even that makes me slightly nervous.

Ok, I'm done. So so sorry to dump all that on you.
It really depends on the mom- I got mine back at 4-5 months with all 3 of mine, but with my last one, the cycles took almost 14 months to get normal. I would go anywhere from 21-36 day cycles.
That sounds like an amazing cycle! To me that would be more regular than I ever was. My I medicated cycle range is 42-84 days.

chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #50
rideswithchrist
beyond blessed

Member #: 8881
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh I just wondered because I haven't seen you. I would do the same with continuing to nurse my baby over stopping to try for another. If it happens again it will. I hope you do get regular cycles again! That must be rough. I don't know if I'm fertile or not but my family is overly so I assume I should be.
I really haven't seen any reason to suspect you are not fertile. Your cycles are regular, etc etc. my cycles were never regular, so I kinda knew that I wasn't. I'm hoping to be regular for the first time ever that would be awesome!

Quote:
Quote:
I'm still ntnp but don't check in much. I'm fairly sure I'm not fertile. We are 9 months post partum and still nursing, still NO af, not even spotting. And I'm not really willing to change b's nursing to try for a baby when I don't even know if another baby CAN happen. There are too many what ifs on that so id rather give b the best I can.

Then as frustrating as all that is, I'm getting more and more nervous about af coming because after I finally get one ill start to get a pretty darn good idea of where I stand-if I get af and then don't get another for 6+ weeks well then I guess my cycles are just gonna be the same ole s*** they used to be, and I won't be very optimistic of a miracle #2. If they do somehow miraculously come back "normal" then YAY! But I don't know if I even dare to hope for that.

I want to hope for it. That somewhere along the lines pregnancy required my body's hormones to signal everything happening ON TIME, but...and sorry to dump all that on ya. It's been weighing on me lately as we get closer and closer to the one year mark. I know that 14 months is the average time a nursing mom gets af back, and I know this is all so normal, especially since I'm never away from my daughter, but I just can't help this overwhelming feeling that this is so typical of my body-af? Eh we don't need that yet.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy not having af. It's amazing when you aren't ttc. And I'm in no rush. But most in my ddc have at least had spotting. And not having had even that makes me slightly nervous.

It really depends on the mom- I got mine back at 4-5 months with all 3 of mine, but with my last one, the cycles took almost 14 months to get normal. I would go anywhere from 21-36 day cycles.
That sounds like an amazing cycle! To me that would be more regular than I ever was. My I medicated cycle range is 42-84 days.
wow! It was so odd to me because I am normally right at 27 days to the T except when traveling...so to be all over the place was so odd for me.
Hopefully after weaning yours will become more of a normal

rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #51
chels

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

wow! It was so odd to me because I am normally right at 27 days to the T except when traveling...so to be all over the place was so odd for me.
Hopefully after weaning yours will become more of a normal
thanks! I hope so too I'm nervous about it, but I've heard that sometimes after pregnancy infertility probs can get better. I'm not sure of the odds, but one of my aunts was told she would never have kids and after she had her miracle got pregnant with twins and then a fourth! So I'm really hoping it's common.

Old August 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #52
rideswithchrist
beyond blessed

Member #: 8881
I have a friend that is "infertile" and pregnant for the 3rd time LOL- they adopted after their 1st, then got pregnant and are pregnant again.

rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2014, 09:44 AM   #53
chels

Quote:
I have a friend that is "infertile" and pregnant for the 3rd time LOL- they adopted after their 1st, then got pregnant and are pregnant again.
I love those kinds if stories! They give me hope