Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnant After Loss

3 chemicals in the past year, pregnant again - Pregnant After Loss

Old April 26th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #1
krissy9787

Member #: 21593
3 chemicals in the past year, pregnant again

So we first started trying in December 2012, I got pregnant right away and had my first chemical in january. Then again I had one in march. I had to have surgery for gallbladder and then went to see a high risk doctor who checked a bunch of stuff and found out I had thyroid issues. It took us about 5 months to get that treated and we also learned I have the MTHFR gene mutation so I take the proper medicine precautions for that. I got pregnant again in January 2013 and lost it again, immediately. My doctor then prescribed me progesterone suppositories and said to take it as soon as I got a positive test. That was Tuesday, April 22nd. My husband is military so I have to get it confirmed at our base clinic before getting a referral to see my OB GYN off base. Well that test came back negative. I immediately assumed I was miscarrying again. (oh yeah, the 22nd was 9DPO). I went to the urgent walk in care to get my HCG levels tested Wednesday morning and then again Friday morning. On wednesday at 10DPO they were 23, on Friday at 12DPO they went up to 93 (YAY!). The problem I'm having is I panic, a lot. Like if my breasts aren't as sore or if I don't feel nauseous, I immediately think i'm losing the pregnancy again. I bought a bunch of pregnancy tests to take as my just in case on days I am especially worried. I took one this afternoon after drinking a bunch of water and juice in the middle of the day, and as you can see from the photo, the test line was darker than the control line. I get lots of cramping only on my right side which worries me since that always seems to precede my losses. I guess I'm just looking for some hope and reassurance. I hope all I needed was some extra progesterone, but it's hard to believe that's all that I needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.4 KB, 15 views)

krissy9787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #2
lemmy

Member #: 23234
Sorry for your previous losses.
I'm recently pregnant as well and they put me on progesterone this time around as well. I'm with you... hoping it's all I needed.
Feel free to ever talk if you need someone! I would love to see if progesterone works for us!

lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:21 PM   #3
bteach28

Member #: 14369
Being pregnant is so scary, especially after you have experienced losses. I really hope this baby sticks and you get to bring home a healthy baby soon!

bteach28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Kim
Beauty from Pain

Member #: 13082
That's a great line progression and the test from Saturday the test line is darker than the control line. With my chemicals I never got to the point where the test line got that dark and that was my first clue that something was wrong. So that's all a great sign for you for this pregnancy! Sending lots of sticky vibes!

Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #5
Rainbowchaser

Member #: 26511
I too have had 3 consecutive chemical pregnancies and this bean seems to be doing well. I have spent many days being depressed that it's all over for no reason. My betas were already higher than all of my previous losses by 12 DPO and by 20 DPO they were over 6,000, but I STILL worry. I had some morning sickness on 5w6d and 6w, but nothing side then. I had one tiny spot of light red blood last week an called my RE in a panic, but was told it's most likely from my progesterone suppositories.

The only thing that has helped me is finding positive pregnancy affirmations and saying them whenever I'm feeling negative. I have an ultrasound in Thursday at 7w and am so scared to not see a heart beat.

I hope the time passes quickly for you Hun!

Rainbowchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chemicals, past, pregnant, year