Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnant After Loss

ultrasound tomorrow, very nervous! - Pregnant After Loss

Old September 3rd, 2014, 06:45 PM   #1
andrea850

Member #: 13091
ultrasound tomorrow, very nervous!

Hi guys,
I've been a member of the LTTTC, but haven't posted in a while... had to take a break from trying so hard. As you will see in my signature, we had some very expensive tries with no success (failed IVFs). We went to a different doctor and they were more aggressive with the MF side of things, my DH got surgery for a variocele and his stuff got way better, so much better, that we got pregnant the first cycle after we could start doing stuff... . from the beginning it was bad, low HCG, not doubling, etc and unfortunately, we MC... we were sad, but thought that's OK, it happens. then a couple of cycles later, we got pregnant again! we did betas and they were great! we were actually excited, but week 6 scan showed, small, and slow heart beat... following week, no HB, worst week ever... unexpected death in family, so I had to have DNC because i didn't want to MC in the middle of a funeral!!! happy valentines day to us... ... fast foward 6 months. we were moving, not thinking too hard about stuff... starting to worry that it had been a while of trying with no luck... and then, no AF. we waiting like 5 days to test. did a digi: "pregnant"! wow!! obviously with our previous losses, didn't want to get excited, we were just worried. decided not to do betas, cause they were not meaningful last time... i haven't even joined a DDC even though I've been stalking... last night i had a little bit of brown discharge... today i've had cramps, mild... but today i also don't 'feel' pregnant... i had been feeling pregnant before (what ever that means)... tomorrow, Thursday 9:15 AM, EST we have our u/s appointment, and i'm just worried.... ahhhhh. i have a busy weekend coming up, i'm in the army reserve and have drill this weekend 4.5 hours away from home. i'm feeling overwhelmed, tired, and upset... maybe these are all pregnancy hormones. (i'm wishing it anyway) either way, i had to get all this off my chest, and I thought no one but you guys really know what one goes through. please wish me luck and strength tomorrow. thank you!

andrea850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old September 4th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #2
Amndpu

Member #: 24477
I'm sorry about all you have been through. I'm praying this is your little sticky bean and you get you rainbow baby! Good luck at your u/s. Please keep us updated.

Amndpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #3
andrea850

hi and thanks for the good luck! it must have worked... even though i thought for sure we would hear the worse news... we heard the opposite. the baby is measuring right on track, we saw a heart beat 156! the nurse said everything looked great! we were in shock... still in shock now... and still nervous.. i'm feeling kind of crampy.. nurse said that's expected first trimester... so i think i'll join the april DDC and hope this is it for us! thank you for your kind words!

Old September 4th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #4
looking4newlife

Member #: 13886
i'm so glad that things are looking good this time.
it is hard to not doubt with each and every twing and bad feeling. i've had 2 losses as well and about a month from being due and i have learned to just enjoy each moment of pregnancy because you really dont know how long it will last.

looking4newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #5
andrea850

just wanted to update... 11 weeks and still hanging on, even though we still don't believe it!
we should have the results of the verify test (checks for chromosome abnormalities) on Wed 8 AM!... I think since our previous losses were early, they suspect chromosome defects... so we are obviously worried... but hoping for the best. just 40 hours to go... (as long as they get the results on time!)...

Old September 29th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Amndpu

Member #: 24477
Good luck! Glad everything has come back awesome so far!! Praying that your tests come back with more good news

Amndpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #7
emme
Lead Guide

Member #: 17184
I don't know how I missed this thread but I'm so thrilled for your happy news ! I am so sorry for your losses. After losing a child, that kind of dream pregnancy feeling goes away and you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop (at least, that's how I feel before I go to every appointment .. I'm always anxious they won't hear a heartbeat or will tell me bad news). Wishing you a very uneventful and healthy rest of your pregnancy !

emme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nervous!, tomorrow, ultrasound