Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnant After Loss

Progesterone. - Pregnant After Loss

Old February 10th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #1
Lynstake2

Member #: 22211
Progesterone.

Hi

Had 2 mc last summer, and have just got a positive pregnancy test thus weekend.

Understandably I'm really anxious, I'm booked in for a scan and having numerous blood works done, but also been put on progesterone.

Just looking for some reassurance really...... As I'm nervous about being on it, they never found the cause of the mc's I guess it's just precautionary. Bug I've no one to talk to and would welcome some advice from other ladies in the same position..... Or who have been.

Thanks
X

Lynstake2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 26th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #2
krissy9787

Member #: 21593
I'm on progesterone too! Found out Tuesday the 22nd that I'm pregnant after 3 chemical losses. I had blood work drawn wednesday and friday and hcg levels are increasing (yay!). this is the first time i've ever used the progesterone (i have the suppositories). Hopefully this is all I needed and you too!

krissy9787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #3
lemmy

Member #: 23234
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and they were worried about my progsterone too. So I'm on it as well... hoping that it helps. I had one mc last year and they had me on progestrone then too, but later than they started me on it this time. We'll see! <3 HH 9 months to you both!

lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #4
Beccaro

Member #: 26429
I just came it this area of ton to post about progesterone. Glad to see this post. I was put on prog after I started bleeding on Sunday. I'm 6w 2d today.

Are any of you having funky symptoms from if? For a few hours after I take it I feel loopy. Dizzy, a little loopy and incredibly sleepy. Anyone else?

Beccaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #5
emme
Lead Guide

Member #: 17184
Progesterone made me crazy sleepy and tired. I don't think it ever made me dizzy .. or maybe it did but I didn't notice because I was sleeping all the time, lol.

emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #6
Beccaro

Member #: 26429
Quote:
Originally Posted by emme View Post
Progesterone made me crazy sleepy and tired. I don't think it ever made me dizzy .. or maybe it did but I didn't notice because I was sleeping all the time, lol.
I've never been high but I swear that's what it would feel like! LOL. I don't remember it being like this when I took it with my youngest. I feel impaired... Like groggy, fuzzy... Not quite sure how to explain it.

Beccaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #7
lemmy

Member #: 23234
It made me so sleepy! And foggy headed!

lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #8
HappyFunGal
In vino veritas!

Member #: 11889
I had two miscarriages, and upon my 3rd pregnancy was put on progesterone. It worked well for me, and I gave birth in February after a very pleasant pregnancy (except for the worrying that all miscarriage survivors understandbly go through.)

I liked it because I took it at bedtime, and it was almost like a sleeping pill but I'd wake up rested and refreshed. I was sad to go off it after 12 weeks, because I didn't sleep as well without it. All I can say is that is worked for me, and if I ever get pregnant again, I would use it again in a heartbeat.

HappyFunGal is offline   Reply With Quote