Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Everyday Woman > Women's Health, Fitness & Nutrition

Exercise - Women's Health, Fitness & Nutrition

Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:07 PM   #1

Member #: 22044
How do you make exercising fun? Or at least enjoyable enough to not dread it!

Meg626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:40 PM   #2

Member #: 18954
It took me a long time to start liking it. At first I loved going to the cardio cinema at my gym. It's like a movie theater with treadmills and ellipticals and stuff. It really helped me forget about what I was doing. Another thing I used to love was working out with DH. It was fun to work out together and talk. We can't do that anymore, but you could find a work out buddy too.

I've noticed the hardest part for me is just getting out the door (or out of bed) and once I am doing it I am happy I did.

Going to classes is fun for me too. Having other people to talk to and work out with and the fun music and if the instructor is motivating.

tiffnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #3

Member #: 22308
It definitely takes some getting used to.

I join classes like PIYO or Tabata. I also do things I love, like swimming and running. I remind myself before I work out just how great I feel afterwards. To me there is no better feeling than a shower after a hard work out. You feel amazing after it's all said and done and it's a good feelings

Haysmomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:57 PM   #4

Member #: 26068
I do cardio and play some music during my workout for making it enjoyable. I do walk and some jogging on my treadmill. I also do yoga.
Brienshamp gym

Last edited by SteveAllen; February 8th, 2014 at 12:13 AM..
SteveAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #5

Member #: 25805
I love working out to music! I like using Pandora's power hiphop workout channel or when I use my ipod, I've been trying to download as many of these songs as I can- http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/worko...workout-songs/ Upbeat/fast paced songs are a must during a workout for me!

And whenever the weather allows it I try to workout outside as much as possible

beachmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #6

Member #: 6610

Sweetpea2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 03:17 AM   #7

Member #: 26864
If you have great motivation toward achieving your goal by following your exercise routine than you would find exercise as fun.. I always like to cardio in Tacoma gym especially swimming and i really enjoy it

Last edited by zafrol; October 4th, 2014 at 03:41 AM..
zafrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 10:21 AM   #8

Member #: 25805
I also really enjoy doing home workout programs. They keep me motivated and on track with the schedule and meal plans help me eat better. I am doing 21 Day Fix Extreme now and it is great- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...fix-extreme.do I look forward to working out everyday now.

Last edited by beachmama; September 10th, 2015 at 09:24 AM..
beachmama is offline   Reply With Quote