Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > Oh Baby! (birth to age one)

Solids - Oh Baby! (birth to age one)

Old March 31st, 2015, 01:43 AM   #9
Munko

Member #: 14753
Maybe he wouldn't take much? My daughter wouldn't take bottles for other people starting around 4/5 months. Sometimes not even DH.

Or maybe LO isn't feeling well if he also refused his food?

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 31st, 2015, 09:57 AM   #10
AmeliaPond

Member #: 13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munko View Post
Maybe he wouldn't take much? My daughter wouldn't take bottles for other people starting around 4/5 months. Sometimes not even DH.

Or maybe LO isn't feeling well if he also refused his food?
Good points. I would definitely ask if she at least attempted to feed him and see what she says.

AmeliaPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 10:53 AM   #11
cnd29

Member #: 24357
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPond View Post
Good points. I would definitely ask if she at least attempted to feed him and see what she says.
No she just didn't feed him cause "he ate a big lunch and he wasn't acting hungry"

cnd29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 12:34 PM   #12
cnd29

Left a message for the doc today asking about recommendation for a different supplemental formula. Last night since he was clearly starving, I gave him 8oz of just BM and he had the best sleep he's had in weeks. He woke up briefly once around 11 before I went to bed, then slept til 5:15 and DH gets up at 5 so he took care of it. I can so easily deal with a night like that. I hope we can find a formula that his stomach handles well. Clearly similac sensitive is not the one. Not that I expected the first one we try to be the winner anyway...

Old April 26th, 2015, 10:55 AM   #13
cnd29

Update:

With a recommendation from a pedi gastro we switched to Gerber Goodstart Soothe. It's a winner for us. Smooth transition and at 7.5mo my supply has crapped out and I pump no more.

Our newest feeding challenge- he wants to eat what we eat, however he still cannot deal with thick food (like if oatmeal is not dripping wet) or chunks of any kind (even smaller than pea size). Except for shredded cheese and apparently my mother in law feeds him plain bagel pieces with no problem. What he does is let the food sit on the way back of his tongue and he gags himself til he pukes. Anyone have tips on getting him to just swallow?

Old April 26th, 2015, 12:27 PM   #14
Lindsay

Member #: 9094
Are you doing purees or baby led weaning? If purees I'd switch to French fry shaped foods so he can feed himself and control where/how he gets the food

Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 02:43 PM   #15
cnd29

I've been making my own purées. He doesn't understand hand to mouth in relation to food yet. Only toys go hand to mouth so far. He'll pick up foods in his hands, small pieces of what we're giving him or something like a mum mum cracker, but he hasn't done any hand to mouth with a food. Anything French fry shaped he gets his hands on he also gags himself with sticking it too far down his throat. And he has 6 teeth so if he bit a large piece of something I don't see that ending well either...

I just had to walk away from lunch. He's eating ok for dh. Maybe it's just me? He gagged and refused to swallow by spoonful #2 but dh took over and he's eating it. Does he now not trust me feeding him for some reason? Which is really bad because I'm with him the most by myself....

Old April 26th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #16
AmeliaPond

Member #: 13744
I honestly don't have many tips because my son is 19 months old and has struggled in various ways since the beginning. Just want you to know you are NOT alone. Everyone always acts like "just give them food and they will eat." But unfortunately it's not that easy for everyone. Hang in there! Keep offering various textures and foods. Cut things small and see how he does. My son really couldn't handle any non-pureed food until closer to 9-10 months, if I'm remembering correctly. And it's been an uphill battle, for sure. Right now we are struggling with getting him to figure out how to take bites.

AmeliaPond is offline   Reply With Quote