Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > Oh Baby! (birth to age one)

Vitamin D - Oh Baby! (birth to age one)

Old January 29th, 2015, 11:13 AM   #1
Dante

Member #: 7104
Vitamin D

We had our 6 month well check yesterday. Our beloved pediatrician left the practice we go to last spring after the birth of her 3rd child. We've tried several new ones but none really float my boat.

Anyway this ped was very pushy about Vitamin D. I know I didn't give that to my older 2. She recommended getting the oil at whole foods and dosing the whole family each morning. So I'll look into that.

Anyone else?

Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 29th, 2015, 11:21 AM   #2
RabbitMama85

Member #: 12297
My natural minded pedi is very adamant about vitamin d, and I was shocked to find my levels really low when I had blood work done, so we actually do supplement with that...plus probiotics, especially for dd1 since she was born via cs. We use throne research, which is only D and not a multivitamin with iron like most of the ones you find at the grocery stores.

RabbitMama85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Lindsay

Member #: 9094
No supplements here. They actually pushed it with Rae but not with C. They have /had me taking 5000...mg? Whatever the dosage is, I take 5000/day. They've never tested me or C.

Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 04:18 PM   #4
Dante

Member #: 7104
I must say I didn't know much about vit D. Thanks for the brand name Danielle. Yes I would only be interested in it alone, not part of a grocery store type vitamin. I am gong to look into the oil for everyone in the family too.

Of course this was after the ped. & I discussed iron supplements & baby cereal.

Dante is offline   Reply With Quote