Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive After Loss

Just had a chemical pregnancy.. - Trying to Conceive After Loss

Old March 19th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #17
mmekatiebug
Praying for a lil miracle

Member #: 17043
I'm so sorry to hear that... chemicals are just so unfair. I've had two that I suppose would count as chemicals, one in December where I got about 6 days of positives (got darker at first, then lighter) so I told the fertility clinic and they did blood tests, by the second beta on Dec 22 my hCG was down to like 6, so she said I'd probably get AF soon, and AF showed on Christmas Eve, about 8 days after she was due. The other one was last month where I got a BFP on 12DPO and 13DPO but they were super light, then AF started on time. For that one I thought maybe the tests were just showing evaps, so I didn't even tell the fertility clinic, I just went in for my baseline tests/ultrasound on CD4 (after I'd had a full period) and they called and told me my beta hCG was 18. So the tests had been right, but AF showed right on time so it was a chemical.

I didn't tell anyone but DH about either of those at the time, but since then I've told my sister and my best friend. Added to the miscarriage at 7 weeks in September of 2011 and the miscarriage at 8 weeks in September of 2013, and I'm very cautious now about telling people when I get a BFP. I'll definitely be waiting until I have good news from the doc next time.

mmekatiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 17th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #18
Beccaro

Member #: 26429
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a CP on March 25. Started bleeding a few days after my regular period was supposed to start. I tested + from 10dpo until about 15dpo. I went into the dr the day the bleeding started and the urine test was negative. I asked for a blood draw and my hcg was 14. I went to the ER, where a nurse told me to 'stop crying it wasn't like I lost anything'. Hcg was 9 at the ER. Dr did a redraw two days later and it was still 14. Redrew a few days later and it was down to 0. I bled slightly lighter than a normal period (I have a really heavy period normally) and cramps were bad.
It's so devastating

We are TTC again. Looks like I O'd a day late. I'm currently 11dpo.

Beccaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #19
J_Gibson
In a peaceful place

Member #: 22911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccaro View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a CP on March 25. Started bleeding a few days after my regular period was supposed to start. I tested + from 10dpo until about 15dpo. I went into the dr the day the bleeding started and the urine test was negative. I asked for a blood draw and my hcg was 14. I went to the ER, where a nurse told me to 'stop crying it wasn't like I lost anything'. Hcg was 9 at the ER. Dr did a redraw two days later and it was still 14. Redrew a few days later and it was down to 0. I bled slightly lighter than a normal period (I have a really heavy period normally) and cramps were bad.
It's so devastating

We are TTC again. Looks like I O'd a day late. I'm currently 11dpo.
What a heartless thing to say! You did lose something! Both a baby and the hopes and dreams you had for the baby! Some people are cold and ruthless! This kind of person makes me so mad! Grrrr!

J_Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #20
anjie27
frustrated and annoyed..

Member #: 24733
I never got a bfp but a positive blood test at the er and had another hcg blood test yesterday and I am now waiting for the results

anjie27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chemical, pregnancy..