Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > NTNP (Not Trying Not Preventing)

Ho hum, another day in the NTNP (*pg* ment) - NTNP (Not Trying Not Preventing)

Old March 31st, 2014, 03:22 PM   #1
PiperRose

Member #: 25476
Ho hum, another day in the NTNP (*pg* ment)

I'm still NTNP, waiting it out till AF comes. It's hard not to know she's on her way (most likely). I wish I could just stumble into this ntnp thing. And, part of me knows it's the only way for me to relax enough to get pregnant (as I was completely floored the other times I got pregnant thinking we weren't trying hard enough or at all).

I've got a sick kid at home today. We're finding new rainbow loom bracelet patterns. I love this one-on-one time but I'd love it more if he weren't sick.

How's everyone else doing?

Last edited by PiperRose; July 5th, 2014 at 10:56 PM..
PiperRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 31st, 2014, 04:26 PM   #2
Erika.Jude
NTNP for a Final Addition

Member #: 18163
[QUOTE=PiperRose;

I've got a sick kid at home today. We're finding new rainbow loom bracelet patterns. I love this one-on-one time but I'd love it more if he weren't sick.

How's everyone else doing?[/QUOTE]

I wish it was easy to just turn it on and off as we needed to eh?

I also have a couple sickies here today... my baby is the worst - fevered and nauseous... he hasn't eaten in almost 2 days now... just nursing - thank goodness for that! My middle boy is also sick but handling it much better - just resting at the moment. In fact, I can't recall the last time my kiddies were this sick. Fevers have been rare around her (thankfully) so this is somewhat new to me. Just wish they would start feeling better soon!

Erika.Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 04:32 PM   #3
chels

Member #: 18268
If you guys have cuddly sick kids maybe you guys can watch a movie I know it sucks, but maybe for those kids that are old enough you guys can make a tradition-like curling up under blankets eating soup doing a movie marathon or some such (as a bonus I bet it will be treasured memories when they grow up)

chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 06:49 PM   #4
PiperRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels View Post
If you guys have cuddly sick kids maybe you guys can watch a movie I know it sucks, but maybe for those kids that are old enough you guys can make a tradition-like curling up under blankets eating soup doing a movie marathon or some such (as a bonus I bet it will be treasured memories when they grow up)
This (when he's sick) is the only time I can get my oldest to sit and cuddle with me for a whole movie's worth.

It turns out he has strep. Ick! Fingers crossed it doesn't spread to everyone else. He has to stay home tomorrow, too, so that he's 24 hours on antibiotics before he goes back to school. I picked up a few movies for us to watch. Target has a few oldies, but goodies (Goonies, Annie, the newer Karate Kid, and Gremlins) on sale for $5 - get the 4th 1 free.

Erika, sorry you have the sickies residing at your house, too.

Old March 31st, 2014, 10:40 PM   #5
Erika.Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels View Post
Great advice Chels! I love the idea of a tradition! I might just let my 3 yr old in on this plan tomorrow... We'll grab a movie early morning and cuddle all day . I'm thinking to make it extra special, we'll watch the movie our bed! That's something we've never done - dont have a tv there but I can bring a portable one!

Old March 31st, 2014, 10:47 PM   #6
Erika.Jude

This (when he's sick) is the only time I can get my oldest to sit and cuddle with me for a whole movie's worth.

It turns out he has strep. Ick! Fingers crossed it doesn't spread to everyone else. He has to stay home tomorrow, too, so that he's 24 hours on antibiotics before he goes back to school. I picked up a few movies for us to watch. Target has a few oldies, but goodies (Goonies, Annie, the newer Karate Kid, and Gremlins) on sale for $5 - get the 4th 1 free.

Erika, sorry you have the sickies residing at your house, too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sara... Hope your little guy is on the mend soon! I think I'm doc bound tomorrow. My lo keeps spiking a fever, then it breaks. Then back up again. He won't let me put him down for even a second. Can't get any tylenol into him cause he gags and throws it up immediately. . I can relate though with my older ones... Isn't it secretly nice sometimes when they are forced to slow down and spend a little time relaxing/resting with us? My oldest got strep for the first time last spring... Then again in the fall... Not fun but thankfully antibiotics usually take care of it quickly!

Old July 5th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #7
PiperRose

Hey, I hope you don't mind me sharing a quick update on me. I took NTNP to the ultimate level last month by not temping, not charting symptoms, not checking CM, not taking any special vitamins (no EPO, vitex or Fertilaid) not scheduling BD sessions during my window, not even sitting with my pelvis raised after BD, and not even coming on TMP to post or lurk. I'd resigned myself to not getting pregnant and adding that one more baby to my family - and just forgot about it all together. I occupied myself with a busy work schedule and a new hobby and completely forgot about anything TTC - and IT WORKED!!! After 8 months of TTC and various stages of NTNP! I'm sure it was the stress of work and selling a house, and extracurricular activities and various mom duties on top of the stress of TTC that was keeping me from getting pregnant.

Old July 6th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #8
Jenavive

Member #: 26379
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperRose View Post
Hey, I hope you don't mind me sharing a quick update on me. I took NTNP to the ultimate level last month by not temping, not charting symptoms, not checking CM, not taking any special vitamins (no EPO, vitex or Fertilaid) not scheduling BD sessions during my window, not even sitting with my pelvis raised after BD, and not even coming on TMP to post or lurk. I'd resigned myself to not getting pregnant and adding that one more baby to my family - and just forgot about it all together. I occupied myself with a busy work schedule and a new hobby and completely forgot about anything TTC - and IT WORKED!!! After 8 months of TTC and various stages of NTNP! I'm sure it was the stress of work and selling a house, and extracurricular activities and various mom duties on top of the stress of TTC that was keeping me from getting pregnant.
Yay! Big congrats to you!

Jenavive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hum, ntnp