Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Waiting to Try to Conceive > Maybe Baby?

On oops alert again - Maybe Baby?

Old May 10th, 2014, 03:32 AM   #1
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Member #: 6395
On oops alert again

We were doing so well I noticed the last two months that I had some slight spotting (just tinged cm when I wipe) during ovulation time. I looked it up, and sure enough, I guess that's kind of a normal thing. It never happened before my last birth, but then again, births change a lot.

ANYway, the spotting would always happen around CD 17-19, which is right on par with my usual ovulation time. On CD 13, I told DH that we were in the "yellow zone," soon to be the "red zone," but I wasn't having any ovulation symptoms, so he didn't pull out that day. That was Monday.

On Wednesday I had some spotting. And I was all because that was only CD 15. It was quite a bit early. And I thought, "That can't be, right?"

But since then I've been mad horny, and had all the other symptoms of ovulation, so I'm thinking I probably did ovulate on CD 15...several days early.

It's not TERRIBLY likely that that one batch of sperm two or three days before ovulation would hit the egg, but I'm still technically on oops alert. Because I guess you never know. Will be extending my "red zone" by a few days after this.

invisible_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old May 10th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #2
1BlessedMom

Member #: 23279
Woohoo! I love oops alerts! So exciting. Technically sperm can live for several days as long as conditions are right. So......you have a possible oops in the works! Stalking.

1BlessedMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #3
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Yeah, I guess it's *possible.* Really rather hoping its not, though. DH just got an internship in Germany, and we're still trying to decide if the kids and I could go with him. If I got pregnant that would be a big fat NO.

Old May 11th, 2014, 02:10 AM   #4
Munko

Member #: 14753
DD was conceived with DTD 4 days before O

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #5
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munko View Post
DD was conceived with DTD 4 days before O

Old May 11th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #6
J_Gibson
In a peaceful place

Member #: 22911
Teehee! You could totally join over in jan ddc! We have such a small group right now... I think there is only 7 of us in there

J_Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:07 AM   #7
Munko

Member #: 14753

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #8
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

I actually liked having January baby. Rowan was my January baby, and it was nice because the holidays distracted me from thinking about how giant and miserable I was. It's just that I don't know if DH will have a job come January. More importantly, I don't know if we'll have a house...so there's that.

Tags
alert, oops