Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Waiting to Try to Conceive > Maybe Baby?

12 days late!!! - Maybe Baby?

Old June 19th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #9
MelaMommy
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE!

Member #: 15518
Dang! It's another BFN. I really don't understand! If I'm not pg, why am I having such a wacky cycle? I still have a FRER at home but I just feel like I'd be wasting it.

MelaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old June 20th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #10
K&D

Member #: 24590
Sorry to hear it was a BFN love .. I once had a 38 day cycle when I went to Thailand but I'm scared of planes so all the stress could of made me late.. Had my blood test here I am thinking I had already missed AF I'm not due for another 4 days ((but who knows with me I'm all over the place with AF)) but my HCG reading was low so going for another in a week

K&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2014, 02:06 AM   #11
MelaMommy
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE!

So, I'm definitely never going to that clinic again because they were SO crazy packed and I waited an hour and 20 minutes before they gave me the results. THEN, they even had me go to the 1st floor and take another test, which was also another BFN. The clinic doc came in and said it's a slim chance but it could still be possible! He said if anything to have the lab do a Serum HCG test. He was impressed when I told him I did one of those in my Medical Assisting class. You draw blood into a tiger top tube, spin it in a centrifuge to separate the serum and blood, then you open the tube and get the dropper from the pg test pkg and drop some onto the pg test. Ok--sorry to ramble.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm going to use my very last and precious FRER and I'll even post the pic on here after, regardless of the result!

Old June 20th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #12
MelaMommy
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE!

Well, I'm officially convinced that I'm not pg! If I couldn't even get a reaction out of a FRER with FMU, then it's hopeless. Here's the pic:

Pretty bummed cuz now I will doubt every future AF when I'm late.

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #13
K&D

Member #: 24590
Bummer! .. How late are you now? Maybe go to doc to see why maybe be able to give you something to help I used to have like 53 day cycles and sometimes up to 65 day cycles then other times it was normal I took angus castus and I believe that really help me get a bit more regular and also helped me conceive the first time maybe it's worth a looking into?

K&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #14
Jenavive

Member #: 26379
I just saw this (I'm in NTNP) and had to jump in. I've had cycles, especially early off BC, where I would have a period, have a few days to a week off, then have another period...then I usually went even longer between cycles. My longest was 62 days I believe. I'm regularly 36....so that's 16 days different?
Sorry you're having it though! It does suck and makes it even more confusing!

Jenavive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 04:34 PM   #15
calucy

Member #: 21939
I had a abnormally long cycle for me and my doctor did an hcg test and then when that was negative prescribed me progeterone to induce a period.

If it keeps going you may want to talk to an OB.

calucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2014, 10:49 PM   #16
MelaMommy
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE!

Well, just to update, AF finally came on the 26th (20 dys late)! It was slightly heavier, as I imagined it would be, but I'm hoping to never go through that whole nerve wracking process again!

Last edited by MelaMommy; January 19th, 2015 at 02:59 PM..

Tags
days, late!!!