Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > September 2014 Playgroup

Spitting up - September 2014 Playgroup

Old November 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #1
cnd29

Member #: 24357
Spitting up

Are anyone else's LOs spitting up a lot more lately or should I be asking the Dr about reflux? I read somewhere at this age they typically spit up more, but now it seems he spits up at least a little after every time he eats. Sometimes right after, others it could be an hour or two later, like after a nap...

cnd29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 20th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Ariannda

Member #: 26431
Search the term "laid back feeding" and try positioning at an incline after feeding for a bit. Lots and lots of babies spit up without actually having reflux, or at least reflux bad enough to require any kind of treatment. Especially if it's only a little bit I wouldn't be too concerned, but as with anything if you're concerned dont hesitate to speak to your Dr

Ariannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #3
cnd29

I don't often lay him flat except for playtime on the floor and not just after a feeding. He sleeps either in a rocker or boppy for naps and in a rock n play at night. I even have something propping up the changing pad a little so he's not totally flat there either... A lot of times he's sitting or being held upright when he spits up...

Old November 20th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #4
MKmom

Member #: 26002
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd29 View Post
I don't often lay him flat except for playtime on the floor and not just after a feeding. He sleeps either in a rocker or boppy for naps and in a rock n play at night. I even have something propping up the changing pad a little so he's not totally flat there either... A lot of times he's sitting or being held upright when he spits up...
Mine does. No rhyme or reason. Sometimes it is while she is feeding, other times right after, and sometimes and hour later. I thought it had gotten better and just mentioned to dh that she seemed to " outgrow" it and then yesterday and today were bad. My diet doesn't seem to affect it either way.

When I asked the dr. About it he was not at all concerned as long as she was gaining weight appropriately. Does he seem in pain after he eats? Like arching his back and really uncomfortable? I think that is more a sign of acid reflux. Also, the doctor said it looks like more than it is, but sometimes it really does seem like a LOT!!!!

MKmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #5
Leigh1979
Team Pink!

Member #: 5028
As soon as i read this Em was spitting up lol sounds like our babies are doing the same ... no rhyme or reason here either. Sometimes it's curdled sometimes not.

Leigh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #6
MH1984

Member #: 25871
My son was a huge spitter upper lol. He did have reflux but nothing major to medicate. I used to keep a bib on constantly as it was better then constant outfit changes.

Aubree hasn't been to bad. Somedays it seems frequent other days not at all. She puked right down my shoulder and back the other day lol!! All I felt was some warm liquid ooze down my back, no sound warning!!!
I've noticed me eating chocolate affects her more. So sad for me

MH1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #7
jyoung87

Member #: 26268
I have the spitting up thing too. He does it more for dh though, i think thats cuz daddy doesnt know to let him settle after a bottle. I laugh cuz i tell him all the time to slow down. I do the bib thin too. Not only because of spit up, but drool. He drools so much his shirt is soaked after 10 mins of wearing it. He loves putting his hands in his mouth.

jyoung87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #8
cnd29

Thanks girls. Sounds like my little guy isn't doing anything out of the normal for his age. I thought maybe it was just something that was gonna happen and wasn't serious but I wanted to be sure...