Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > July 2012 Playgroup

Introduce Yourself! - July 2012 Playgroup

Old November 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #1
misslisa

Member #: 11227
Waving Introduce Yourself!

I am beyond thrilled to see our DDC growing and growing, just like our beautiful bellies are! I would love for each of our members to post a little introduction of themselves here so we can all have an easy place to see our wonderful ladies! Feel free to say whatever you would like to about yourself! I am really looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you!

misslisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #2
AJH1544
My DH's #1 Fan

Member #: 16785
Hi Lisa!

My name is Amanda, and I live in Ohio with my husband. We have been married since July 17th, 2011, and started TTC right away. We have five dogs and four cats of our own. He is a farmer/sub teacher/PT mail carrier. I am currently a vet assistant but will be leaving my job at the end of the month.

His family is HUGE. And they all are local. In fact, his parents, grandparents, and one of his brothers all live within sight of us. So we have a wonderful support system! They all farm together and we also have a family greenhouse business.

My family is very small. My parents live about an hour from us and own a horse farm (I used to ride/show/breed heavily).

This will be our first child, and the second grandchild for each set of our parents.

Can't wait to get to know all you wonderful ladies here!

AJH1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Steener11

Member #: 13584
Hi!

My name is Christine, I live in Sudbury, ON (4 hours north of Toronto), I'm 24 years old. DH Grant is 25. We have been married since July 11th, 2009. DS Jayden just turned 1 on October 27th. Our mini daschund, Izzy, was 3 in August.

DH and my dad built our first house last year, and we were able to move in December 23rd. That meant we lived with my parents when Jayden was born (we had given our notice for our apartment for September, we thought the house would be done). It was nice to have help, but I'm excited to have that whole experience coming home to my house with a nursery and a crib and a glider chair! I didn't have all those things for Jaydens first 2 months, which were the toughest ones.

I am a SAHM 9 months out of the year, and I work 3 month contracts at tax time, correcting people's income tax returns when they are submitted to the government and do not agree with the governments records for their S.I.N. I am working to get a permanent job there, but I don't mind at all if it takes until my kids are in school.

DH is a software developer, he works for a company that builds programs for mines. (Sudbury is the nickel capital of the world...or was, until recently. A large portion of the city's population works in/at the mines).

I do not get along with my in-laws, they are seperated, and spend a lot of time together despite the fact that they are so disfunctional when they are together. They live 4 hours away (just outside Toronto), and make no effort to come see their only grandson. We go there as often as we can, butare forced to stay in hotels and eat fast food the whole time because they do not offer us dinner at their homes. (sorry about the vent there, we just went this past weekend, and I'm still bitter). DH has one brother, 24, who does nothing with his life.

My parents live 10 minutes away, and my memere (dads mother) lives with them. My brother lives down the street from us, he is 25, and his fiancÚ is 21. They will be getting married October 6th, and I'm standing...so I really hope I can do the VBAC so I can lose some weight before then!

Ok....so that's a novel, but now you know my basics! Feel free to ask me anything you want!

Steener11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Hamslice

Member #: 6324
Hi everyone!

I am Linn, I'm 30 and have been married to my husband for 3 years. We have one son, Cade, who is 21 months old. I stay at home with him full time. We also have a labrador mix and a tabby. We live in Minnesota.

I love music, I majored in music in college. Before I had my son, I worked at a Montessori preschool - and I really got to love that type of education. I try to do montessori type activities with my son and he seems to like it too.

I am into some crafty things - I like to paint, and sometimes I crochet or knit. I can sew a little bit too, but nothing fancy.

I'm kind of an environmentalist, a "tree hugger", if you will. I try to live a pretty natural lifestyle - but I still have a lot to change. I love coming up with ways to reuse things that might get thrown away otherwise.

I am an internet addict, I pretty much always have to have my laptop on and have a few tabs open. I spend most of my time on FB and TMP. I really like Pinterest too now.

Hamslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #5
MiBebe

Member #: 16007
Hi,

I'm Bianca, 29. I have 2 boys who are almost 4 and 6. I live in central Ohio. DH is 31 and works in sales. I work with ESL children grades K-5. I love all things natural. I am a really private person so I don't have many friends in real life, just a select few who I think of like family. My family lives in Fl and we are very close despite the distance.I live a humble life and family is my focus. We attend an awesome church on Sundays and try to stay involved, but are liberal in that we accept EVERYONE. I am also intuitive and have been able to use this gift for beautiful things in my life.

MiBebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #6
Eashanna
Loving Gavin

Member #: 16546
Hi everyone!

My name is Nerina, I am 30, and married to my wonderful DH Joseph. We live in South Texas and just found out we are having twins! There are 2 sacs so we are hoping for a boy and a girl to complete our family.

We have 2 dogs, Rocky and Lexie, who are our babies. We are hoping that we can maintain normalcy for them when the babes come.

I teach 8th grade Reading, and although I totally love it, I wish I could find a way to be a SAHM!

I love to read, play and coach volleyball, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything Christmas related!!!

Eashanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #7
beat4dahead
Praying for my little one

Member #: 16911
Hi girls!

My name is Nikki, I'm 30, engaged to my DF we've been official for a year and half, but we've known eachother our whole lives! We're in the Windy City Chicago and expecting our first (my first, his third) little bundle of joy.

We also have a brady bunch of doggies, baby and gucci, my maltipoo and his yorkinese. I'm really excited for christmas this year, its our second together, and my first being really active with his children and I can't wait for the excitement that children bring at christmas time.

beat4dahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Killeen_Princess
Loving my Little Turkey

Member #: 14054
Hi I'm LaDonna and I might be in here, not for sure yet lol. In 2009 I had a 6-7week loss and from that moment on I knew I wanted to be a mommy. I met DH and he already knew that he wanted to be a daddy more then anything in the world, he was the only man I ever knew that had a baby name picked out since he was 16 LOL. When we got married we were both checked out and he had perfect sperm but my left tube was blocked.

Now fast forward to now after TTC for going on 2years, 2 surgery's in one, 8 cycles of clomid, 2 cycles of Follistim and cetriode. I finally started getting BFP's on 8dpo with Wondfos, 9dpo I got more wondfo BFP's but also a positive $tree and a faint line on a FRER, 10dpo the lines got darker and 11dpo I got a positive clear blue digital test. I was excited beyond belief so I called to get a beta and my number came back low. My HCG was 14 and my progesterone was 10.7.

I go back in on Monday for a 2nd Beta and progesterone check. If my numbers are better then I will be toeing the line in here and the August DDC until I get a for sure due date.

Killeen_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduce, yourself!