Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > July 2012 Playgroup

Baby Checkup time ladies - July 2012 Playgroup

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Killeen_Princess
Loving my Little Turkey

Member #: 14054
Question Baby Checkup time ladies

Tell us everything. age, milestones, fav foods, etc...

Killeen_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 9th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #2
s.rose
can't wait till January!

Member #: 13046
Ripley is 5.5 months old. She is a happy baby, lots of smiles and giggles. She loves going to new places and meeting new people--this one isn't shy (yet). She's still strictly eating only breastmilk until 6 months, and she loooooves the boobies! She has rolled front to back, but not back to front, and even then she rarely rolls over. She is sitting up very well, almost unassisted at this point--she can hold it for a good half a minute or so before she starts to fall over most of the time. She is not crawling yet, but she can fully push up with straight arms, and pretty much get into what looks like the yoga position "downward facing dog" where her arms and legs are nearly straight and her bum is straight up in the air--then she falls over onto her side and starts crying, because yoga time always happens in the crib when she's half-asleep!! She's not sleeping very well at night at all anymore I don't know how big she is yet, her next appt is about a month for her 6 month checkup, even though she actually will be 6 months in less than 2 weeks. Her eyes have finally begun to change color in the last month or so, from blue to more of a green/light brown hazel color like her dad's eyes. No teeth yet, but the bottom front two look really close to sprouting. Lots and lots AND LOTS of drool. She is obsessed with tags on everything. If it has a tag, she will find it and christen it lovingly with her mouth. She even has one of those taggy soft books, but she goes for the actual tag on the book, not all the special tags on it. She also loves straps and belts and handles, like purse straps, her carseat belt, the belt on her high chair, etc. She loves animals the most though. She can just look at our dog across the room and she starts giggling. and she looks at animals in books and laughs too. She loves the pets at her grandparents' houses, and always wants to be up close to them and get her hands in their fur. Luckily, she's only been around pretty friendly animals, because she looooooves getting in their faces. Also, she really likes being totally nude.

s.rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #3
dolface546
Loving being a mommy!

Member #: 12267
Art is almost 5.5 months. I won't know his measurements until the 28th. Last time we did them at home we were WAY off so we aren't doing that again.
He is starting to hold his own bottle, rolls everywhere, and grabs everything! Not crawling yet, but he really wants to! Can't keep him on his back for anything, almost have to change his diapers while he is on his tummy!
He sits on his own for a few seconds, if set correctly. We practice it on the bed so he has a soft landing when he falls over. He is moving up to size 3 diapers today, I can't believe it!
I am amazed at how observant he is! When we used to get up at night he was so impatient. Now he hears me start the microwave to heat the water for the milk and just watches!
He sleeps for about 8 hours at night, takes a bottle, and goes back down. We have moved up to stage 2 bottle nipples, he doesn't beat the bottle as much now He naps 3 times during the day according to DH.

He still fits into 3 month onesies but is a 6 month (minimum) for pants and footies.

His laughing fits are hysterical, dh was acting like a gorilla a few days ago and Art was mimicking him and laughing!

dolface546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #4
MiBebe

Member #: 16007
Jude is 6 months old today ! He has a well visit this morning so I will know exact measurements tomorrow, but about 2 weeks ago, when he got his first cold, he was 16lbs 3 oz He never fully mastered rolling over in either direction but sat unassisted early on. I have a feeling he will be like my 2nd son and just go from sitting to crawling instead of belly to crawling. He loves toys but especially rattles or things that make noise when shaken. He loves toys that light up and is completely calm and attentive when he hears music of nay kind. I think he will be my musical child. He has been to his first and second movie at a theater and did great! We have older boys and can't stop all the action just because we have a baby, so we take him everywhere and he adapts to everything. He is frightened by new faces and will cry hysterically before being comforted. But for the most part is a pretty happy baby. He hates being cold but doesn't want to be swaddled. Basically he wants covered by 2 blankets, and if his hands get cold, he will not sleep. He is finally sleeping in his own room/crib and will come to bed with us at the 4 am feeding and then sleep until about 8am. We are all happier now He eats a combo of mommy made pureed food and earth's best baby food twice a day and seems to love carrots and pears the best. He only takes a paci when he's tired and otherwise will play with it and throw it. Jude loves our dog Charlie and luckily the dog is very sweet and gentle around him. His favorite is watching the older boys dance. He laughs like crazy. Richard and him spend lots of cuddle time together but we still can't get dad to change diapers lol. Jude has been such a blessing. He completely changed the dynamic of my family. We interact more sweetly towards each other because we are all even more conscious that a baby is watching and learning. Even the older boys want to set a good example.

MiBebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #5
emmore
I make good girls

Member #: 14740
Neve was 6 months yesterday! Last weight check (by me) she was about 17 lbs. I don't have plans to take her to a "well baby" visit so I don't know percentiles but she is growing like a little weed!
She's very sitting on her own for a month now, and just recently started getting on all fours (knees and hands) and reaching for things.
No real solids yet though we tried organic broccoli florets in a mesh feeder, as well as bananas, and she Hates bananas but oh my gosh, LOVES broccoli! LOL

She is such a delightful baby. Sleeps so well, hardly fusses, loves to snuggle and laughs at the antics of her older sisters.
Stranger danger has set in. She will get very panicked if someone other than me or daddy is holding her.
Her favorite toys are her sisters toys. Play forks, stuffed animals, pretend food,
She is such a silly sweet baby

Last edited by emmore; January 19th, 2013 at 10:37 PM..
emmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #6
Jessie Rose

Member #: 13778
Gibson will be 6 months on Tuesday but his appt isn't for another week! Goodness how time flies!! We are FINALLY feeling the teeth we have been seeing since 2 months old!!! Gibson can sit unassisted for a very long time, and he is mobile by rolling to wherever he wants to go, with an occasional scoot on his head deal lol. He is still bfing, when I'm home we 98% time nurse (I got back into it, now that he does better) and bottles with everyone else...he also eats solids 3x a day, it's helped me keep up with him because he doesn't need as much of a bottle (still eating same amount of times but only 5oz at a time instead of 7) and we haven't found a food he doesn't like yet ! We eat plum organics, Ella's kitchen, and earths best...I would make my own but lately the quality of our fruits and veggies is expensive and not very good!! We both got tummy aches from the sweet potatoes I made last time!! He loves books, laughs occasionally but you have to work for them! And smiles non stop!!! He normally sleeps from 8ish to 730-8...wakes up occasionally and plays on his own and goes back to sleep he's such a little love and a fairly easy baby!!!

Jessie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, checkup, ladies, time