Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > July 2012 Playgroup

My batteries are dying - July 2012 Playgroup

Old December 14th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #9
s.rose
can't wait till January!

Member #: 13046
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslisa View Post
How is the arrangement coming along with you and your DH working opposite schedules? I think that you 2 were going to do the same thing that we are doing. I work 1st shift, home alone with the kids in the afternoon/evening, DH works 2nd shift and is home alone with the kids in the morning/afternoon.
Thanks for asking. Honestly, it's ROUGH. I've been back at work for 2 months now. I don't know how you guys are doing it with two kids, just one is difficult. but our schedules are crazier than yours I think, I work 1st shift and DH works 3rd shift, so he works 11pm-7am (4 days of work, then 2 days off, so his days off are never the same every week) and I work 7:30am-4pm Mon-Fri and rotating weekend hours sometimes. so he sleeps when I get home, and I sleep when he's at work. neither of us get more than about 5 hours of sleep except on his nights off. Plus, since he's a 911 operator, there's LOTS of forced overtime (I mean, SOMEONE has to answer at 911 even if people call in sick!), so he has to go in at 7pm instead of 11pm or stay till 11am instead of 7am. he does his best to only do that on my weekends if he has the option. so that messes up his sleep schedule even more. We hardly see each other except in passing right now, like when he gets home and I go to work we have about 5 minutes, or when I get home and he goes to bed we have a few minutes. I hope it gets better somehow, maybe we'll get better at having less sleep and never seeing each other.

s.rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old December 14th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #10
Jessie Rose

Member #: 13778
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.rose

Thanks for asking. Honestly, it's ROUGH. I've been back at work for 2 months now. I don't know how you guys are doing it with two kids, just one is difficult. but our schedules are crazier than yours I think, I work 1st shift and DH works 3rd shift, so he works 11pm-7am (4 days of work, then 2 days off, so his days off are never the same every week) and I work 7:30am-4pm Mon-Fri and rotating weekend hours sometimes. so he sleeps when I get home, and I sleep when he's at work. neither of us get more than about 5 hours of sleep except on his nights off. Plus, since he's a 911 operator, there's LOTS of forced overtime (I mean, SOMEONE has to answer at 911 even if people call in sick!), so he has to go in at 7pm instead of 11pm or stay till 11am instead of 7am. he does his best to only do that on my weekends if he has the option. so that messes up his sleep schedule even more. We hardly see each other except in passing right now, like when he gets home and I go to work we have about 5 minutes, or when I get home and he goes to bed we have a few minutes. I hope it gets better somehow, maybe we'll get better at having less sleep and never seeing each other.
I know how you feel!!! Dh is a state trooper and he works 11p-7a and I work 5a-5p...so we are alone a lot with him and the only thing that saves me is he sleeps 10 hours normally poor dh doesn't get sleep now unless my mom comes over to watch him for the day, which can happen almost any of the days!!!

Jessie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #11
misslisa

Member #: 11227
Yea, at least I have the weekend with DH! Used to not be that way until a few weeks ago. He was also working Saturdays, and after I started having panic attacks he stopped. Mon-Fri is hard though. I see DH for maybe 5 minutes a day. I am going to hire a little help during the week just for some relief. I figure $50 a week for 2 kids is better than the cost of daycare and will help with my sanity. Anyone able to help you?

misslisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, dying