Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > October 2014 Playgroup

Update - October 2014 Playgroup

Old November 24th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #1
Care81

Member #: 19289
Update

So I just spent 15 minutes writing out a super long post, then accidentally refreshed my browser. Here I go again:

Hi everyone! I know everyone has been busy with their babies, but I thought I would post a quick update. Charlotte will be 7 weeks old on Thursday and is growing like crazy! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. She has been smiling purposefully the last few weeks and I just love it! Even though she is baby number three my heart still melts when she gives me a big grin and shows off her dimples. My older girls love her a ton. Actually, sometimes they drive me a little crazy because she will have just dozed off and then they wake her up to kiss her incessantly.

I am doing ok, but had definitely been dealing with some post partum blues. Exhaustion has been worse this time around than with my other two. I actually realized the other morning after driving my older girls to school that I was wearing my shirt inside out. My extended family has had a lot going on, and my husband took a second job to help us get through the holidays, so I haven't had much help or support at home. I am super appreciative that my husband has been working so hard, but it is tough on my own with three kids. My house is a disaster right now! I have also been having body image issues. Even though this is my third time around, acceptance that I still wear maternity pants 6 weeks post partum is not any easier.

I go for my post partum check with my ob tomorrow, then back to work next week I am trying to enjoy my remaining time at home as much as possible.

Anyway, I hope all you girls and your little ones are doing great! I miss everyone- we will have to try to liven things up around here a little and get our play group going! Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
I will leave you with a pic of Charlotte at four weeks:

Care81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 25th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #2
AJewell
FTM! :D

Member #: 23944
First, just wanna say thank you for your encouraging words on my post. The day did get better We went out to Kmart just to look around and I bought a few things. I want to try to start walking with her in her stroller but the weather is so unpredictable!
Anyway, I saw you said you had the blues - it sucks! But we all just have to take it one day at a time and breeeeathe. It's hard though sometimes. <3 I wish I had more encouraging words besides this. Your little girl is beautiful though! I love her outfit I've been taking a pic of Amelia nearly every day, but I love doing her 'weekly' pic on Wednesday.
Also, just want to throw in... I hate exhaustion. I get frustrated and just have to lay her down for a minute and step into the other room. I know that might make me sound awful, but when you're running on five hours of sleep and have been up for 16 hours almost straight (I can't always nap :/) it's just about all you can do or you go crazy lol. How did your OB appt go? Sorry, my thoughts are everywhere. I hope everything and you are great!

AJewell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
update