Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > October 2014 Playgroup

Acupuncture - October 2014 Playgroup

Old October 24th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Puppy Spit

Member #: 26109
Acupuncture

I haven't made any progress and my OB is starting to talk induction (which I really want to avoid)

Today I'm meeting with an acupuncturist to see what she can do for me. I'm really excited about this potential because the statistics are in my favor

FX for us that this jump starts labor this weekend! Baby girl needs to come out already!!

Puppy Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old October 24th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #2
RabbitMama85

Member #: 12297
You still have a lots of time, but just wanted to say have fun! I did it with my pregnancy and was surprised how relaxing it is.

RabbitMama85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #3
Casey

Member #: 6646
Good luck! KUP!

Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #4
Puppy Spit

I've done 2 sessions so far and have a third scheduled for this afternoon

Really hoped that last night (Sunday) would have been THE night but no dice
My contractions that I was having before bed slowed and went away over night.

FX that today's session jump starts labor! I'm done being uncomfortable and not being able to sleep

Old October 28th, 2014, 02:25 AM   #5
Puppy Spit

Had my OB appt today and it was a HUGE disappointment

Baby and I passed the NST with flying colors but she's not engaged in the pelvis and at this point in the game that's concerning

Doc said his counterparts don't believe in delaying a C-section when this happens, but if I want to wait til Monday to see if she'll make the move on her own, he's ok with that, too

DH and I were really looking forward to avoiding pharmaceuticals and I took this news hard because of how clean we have tried to prep for this baby
(Also, due to the way everything went down with my Mom this summer... I'm still ultra sensitive about the medication part)

So... Long story short:

BTDT moms would you still try the induction on Monday or would you save everyone the stress and go straight to C-section if baby still isn't engaged?

Old October 28th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #6
RabbitMama85

I would ask another ob (or rather, midwife) for an opinion. I think it's strange that they would jump straight to cs and you are not even 42 weeks yet. Normal term is 39-42 weeks, post term is 42 weeks and 1 day, but some people even go beyond 43 weeks. Baby might just need a little more time to fully "cook". Everyone gestates at different rates. Just like every kid learns to walk, talk, and read at different rates. People can sit at 4 cm for weeks, or go into labor hours after being told there is no dilation. Baby is the same way. You can look at spinning babies.com for some ideas on how to get baby into a good position.

To me it sounds like they just would rather schedule you so they know when they are needed.

If you plan on more kids, vaginal birth is safer in the long run. Ask them what their policy on vbac is...and how many vbacs they have recently attended.

Old October 28th, 2014, 03:34 AM   #7
RabbitMama85

Side note, do you have a doula? If you are trying to have a natural birth, doulas can be invaluable. Around here, there are always tons of doulas in training who offer discounted prices if you need more affordable, but really they can be so worth the money.

Old October 28th, 2014, 03:37 AM   #8
RabbitMama85

And if it comes to induction, there are slow and more natural ways to induce, even within a hospital setting. You will have to do research and understand what options you have, but most of the time baby just needs a little longer to come on their own.

On Monday, ask what your bishop score is before agreeing to a cs. Honestly, if you can avoid a first cs, it's better in the long run. Stay positive! Your body grew your baby without any help from doctors, there's a good chance it has an idea of how to get that baby out, too