Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > October 2014 Playgroup

Amelia Faye's arrival on October 22nd - October 2014 Playgroup

Old November 7th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #1
AJewell
FTM! :D

Member #: 23944
Amelia Faye's arrival on October 22nd

This is crazy late, I know, but kinda can't help it lol. Been pretty busy as y'all can imagine and understand!

On Tuesday (the 21st), I had my OB appt and he did a check on me. I was only a 1-2 and she was 'floating' so not engaged or anything. We even discussed induction and when we would possibly do it if she didn't come on her own since I was going to be hitting the actual 40 week mark that Saturday.
Wednesday morning at around 1:05am, my boyfriend called me on his way home from work and after talking for about five minutes, I headed to the bathroom cause I had been feeling like I kinda had to poo all day. Seriously, I stood up, took two steps, and my water broke. I started freaking out on the phone and he honestly thought I was joking. I was like 'f*** you, I'm not joking! My water just broke!' lol We have a very special relationship.
So after he got home, we both took a shower, ate a little something, and I called in and told the nurse what was going on. I was having contractions ranging between 20-30 seconds long and 3-4 minutes apart. They told me to come in right then and there. So after finishing packing up, we headed out and omg... yeah, the car ride SUCKED for me too. I know he wasn't trying to, but it was as if he was hitting every.single.pothole.in.existence. By the time we reached the hospital, my contractions were lasting nearly a minute but like 2 minutes apart. They really weren't even that painful just yet, maybe like a 5 or 6 on the scale.
After getting pricked a few times and hooked up to an IV, the nurse did a cervix check and I was already a 5. Maybe 2 hours total had passed since my water had broken by that time. I started freaking out when I started feeling huge amounts of pressure on my butt so I had him call her in and she did another check (this was about an hour later) and I was a 7. She told me I needed to decide if I wanted the epidural soon. Before she even finished, I was like HELL YES, give it to me now please. lmao That drug... saved me I swear.
Anyway, another hour or so passed and at around 5:15, it was about time to push because I was between 9-10cm. My OB never did show up btw. The doctor that did come in was partnered in the same building as my OB's office, but I had never met her before. So there I was, legs splayed and everything bare to complete strangers, and 0 f**** were given. At 5:53am and less than 10 minutes of actual pushing, Amelia was born! 3 days early in fact. As soon as she let out that first shrill little wail, it was like my heart exploded, and my tear ducts. I cried right along with her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 535893_4803571782560_408081522014439279_n.jpg (137.8 KB, 23 views)

AJewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 9th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Ariannda

Member #: 26431
Bahahaha excellent story! And yes once you're pushing out a baby it doesn't matter who's there or what's going on. 0 effs at all, just get it out!

Wonderful news Momma, hope all has been going well since

Ariannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #3
Amndpu

Member #: 24477
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!

Amndpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #4
AJewell
FTM! :D

Member #: 23944
Thank you both very much! lol I won't fib, some days are a little hectic, but 99.9% of the time is pretty easy so far - just tired all the time haha! Her daddy has been a huge help these 3 weeks and I couldn't be more grateful

AJewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 03:25 AM   #5
looking4newlife

Member #: 13886
thanks for shareing

looking4newlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
22nd, amelia, arrival, faye's, october