Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > October 2014 Playgroup

Zoey Rose - October 2014 Playgroup

Old October 20th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #1
looking4newlife

Member #: 13886
Zoey Rose

So I last posted on the 9th that I had been contracting/cramping all day well it turned into real labor. Around 3pm my contractions were 3-4 mins apart but only lasting about 30 seconds. Around 4:30 I called my midwife to see what she wanted me to do being group B strep positive didnt know if I needed to go in yet. She wanted my contractions to be lasting 1 min each so she told me to take a bath to see if these were the real things. The bath seemed to make things worse since I wasnt able to move around. We had called my mother in law by this point to come pick up my son assuming that things were going to continue to move along. Around 6 my husband went and picked up dinner and my contractions moved to a min each and every 5 mins or so, so I called the midwife back and she said to go ahead and head into the hospital we got there around 8pm.
They finally checked me and I was a 4 almost 5 dilated and since I had to breathe through the contractions it got determined I was in labor and would be staying so they started the IV. They had trouble with the IV and I got poked 6 times by 3 different nurses and 3 blown veins as a result. I'm still bruised almost 2 weeks later.
When I got up to my labor room my midwife was there and she stayed with me the entire time which was nice and so different from having an OB. After being monitored for 20 mins I got into the bathtub which again did not really help. My midwife checked me and I was still a 4/5 could be stretched to a 6/7 and Zoey was still a 0 for dropping down so no progress there. My midwife told me I was doing everything correct from waist up but with each contraction I was tensing up so I was not able to dilate further. So she suggested I try the epidural. I really did not like that suggestion especially coming from her. So I tried to tough it out longer and around 11:30 I gave in and said I wanted the epidural at this point I was not able to breathe through the contractions and I was just miserable and unfocused and stuck in that bed with her doing I dont know what to me trying to bring Zoey down.
They first attempted the epidural and hit a vein so I was bleeding everywhere I could feel the blood dripping down my back. They couldnt try again till they got that blood to stop. Finally they were able to try again and were successful. I had 3 more contractions before it took full effect and then within 15 mins I went from a 4/5 to a 9. Zoey was still at a 0 but her heart rate kept dropping so they figured there might be a cord issue and so my midwife wanted me to try pushing to see if we could get her to move enough for it to not be a problem. So I pushed 1 time and pushed her to a 1 effacment. 3 contractions, 6 pushed total and she was here. It was not a cord problem at all but she had her hand/arm by her face and so that is how she came out and as a result I ended up tearing a little too just 1cm. But like everything else with this labor I started to bleed too much so then my midwife had to do some other stuff to get the bleeding under control.
Zoey Rose was born 10/10/14 at 1:39am she was 7lbs 7 oz and 20 inches long.
She ended up nursing within the first hour and hasnt stopped since, she eats a ton I feel.
We found out due to her hand position the way it was that she could have ended up with Urbs Palsy had I not pushed her out so quickly. Also because her head was down so low when my water was broke not a lot trickled out and so we didnt know she had pooped inside so she came out cover in yellow poop. Typically when you have a poop inside they have NICU on standby for birth but since we didnt know NICU wasnt there and it was so quick of pushing there wasnt time for them to get there either. The nurse barely made it back in the room for the time of Zoey being born. For probably 2 days Zoey was gagging on what she had swallowed when being born and that was scary I was so afraid she was going to stop breathing. But here we are 10 days old and doing well. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

looking4newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old October 20th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #2
Casey

Member #: 6646
Congrats!!

Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Care81

Member #: 19289
Congrats, she is gorgeous!

Care81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:02 AM   #4
Amndpu

Member #: 24477
Congrats! Your baby girl is beautiful and your DS looks like one proud big brother. glad baby is doing well after the scare of swallowing the poo.

Amndpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 09:07 PM   #5
gemipisces

Member #: 19241
Congratulations! Beautiful baby!

gemipisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #6
RabbitMama85

Member #: 12297
Congrats! Beautiful baby and family <3

RabbitMama85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #7