Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Waiting to Try to Conceive > Journals

Countdown to TTC - Journals

Old August 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Foodie22

Member #: 24832
Countdown to TTC

Week 3

It has been 16 days since my DH and I, over a wonderful dinner in the beautiful harbor area, had an exciting discussion between sips of wine about when we were going to TTC. DH was in town for a very brief visit to stay with me in my temporary home base on the east coast. Before I drove away from our Kentucky dream home for my residency, about two months ago, DH and I were in agreement that we would probably think about starting a family once I completed the yearlong position. I was looking ahead to the residency year as a time to rest, restore my health (it suffered dearly during graduate school) and *hopefully* satisfy my ever-present wanderlust. I looked forward to spending at least 12 more blissful months without the hassles of late night feedings, temper tantrums, baby sitters and soccer practice. I was not feeling ready to embark on that journey – not just yet. My DH, on the other hand, hadn’t had these reservations. For years, probably since before we met, he has had this adorable way of interacting with the babies and children of his family and friends that let me know, without words, that he really wants this. And he’s ready – the partying has long since ended and when we adopted our two rescue puppies he was eager to help out with middle of the night potty trips. I have always been the holdup – I wanted to finish my degree, enjoy my twenty-somethings and travel to at least two more continents. But – something has happened since I moved here. Once I started focusing on improving my health, and by that I mean exercising more, shunning the television, weaning myself off medications and staring to really get to know my body (in first month of FAM charting, woot woot!), I started to notice those hesitations fall away. Actually, I didn’t notice it as a slow change, it pretty much slapped me in the face when I realized that I just absentmindedly ordered both “what to expect when you’re expecting” and “inside the womb” on Amazon from my iPhone. My secret wish to be able to wave a magic want and to stop my ‘biological clock’ from ticking another tock so that I could satisfy all the whims of my independence had left my head with one tap of the “one-click order” button.

And then our conversation of 16 days ago happened... I shared with DH that things had changed for me. DH revealed that he would be happy if we TTC that night! However, 1.) If I gave birth before the last month of residency, I would have to come back to finished and 2.) I don’t want to go through our first pregnancy alone, without him here to share in the joys and pains of growing our first son or daughter. I offer the counter date of mid April, giving us only the awful first trimester apart. He raises me a couple months and we agree on late February. So here I am, committed to living two states away from my husband for another 10 months, stocking up on OPKs, popping prenatal vitamins and floundering at the weaning off of all the caffeine (let’s just say that Starbucks is going to suffer a huge financial blow). I am experiencing some confusing (and at times, downright bizarre) symptoms after discontinuing BC and am noticing that I am at once panicky and hopeful that we have somehow accidentally conceived from two states apart! Our plan is to continue to WTTC, use the FAM as a BC method while my cycle normalizes and once February hits, the second I get a smiley on the OPK or see some EWC I will feign illness and hop on a plane home immediately!

I never knew that baby fever could take a person so suddenly. I don’t really have an ideal person to talk to about it, other than DH. One of my friends just had her first and I don’t feel “right” discussing my frustrations with her because I don’t want to take away from her wild and wonderful experience of being a brand new mom. My closest friends and sister are not married nor are they thinking about having kids at this, or possibly any other, point in time and when I tried to talk about it they didn’t really get it. Oh, and yesterday I learned (thanks Facebook) that someone I used to be very close with is pregnant. Again! This is going to be a long 7+ months…

Foodie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #2
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Member #: 6395
What a fantastic start to your journey!! I hope that everything goes well for you, and I'm eager to read more as you get closer to your date!

invisible_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Foodie22

Quick Update:
We can hardly stand it! We keep scooching our date for TTC closer! In the last couple of weeks we already have it back to January 1st! DH is still rooting for next week
The things that are keeping me strong are
1.) I want to have been taking my prenatal vitamins for the golden standard 90 days
2.) I want to be back home/living with DH again while I'm in my third trimester. It's our first so we have no idea what it will be like for me and I HAVE to finish my residency.

It feels like four months to WTTC is much easier to deal with than six months or longer. Here's to being strong!

Old October 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Foodie22

Three months until we TTC! We almost caved and decided to TTC next cycle! We were decided! ... and then my BFF sat me down and reminded me that we are not thinking clearly- thanks to the dang baby rabies. Grateful for her perspective but I have to say- DH and I are really bummed and having a hard time waiting! I just started a 12 week workout program to help distract me and pass the time. I've also mapped out my predicted O dates and so far they are very nicely lined up with holiday trips home. I hope I stay on schedule!

Old October 28th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Foodie22

I am now on CD 4 of my second to last cycle WTTC. It's so funny to me that I find myself really glad when AF comes, and does it quickly, because in just a couple short months I'll be begging her to STAY AWAY!!!

I'm trying to keep busy with getting healthy and enjoying an occasional glass of wine, raw sushi and/or soft, unpasteurized cheeses mmm.
It's also nice to not be sick and to have a husband just as excited to TTC as I am! Counting my blessings.... And the days..

Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Foodie22

Last cycle before TTC! My body seems to finally be adjusting after birth control and gives all the appearances of being healthy and ready to do this! I've been taking prenatal vitamins for over 100 days now I didn't stick with that 12 week workout plan but I did get back into yoga and I've been walking to work and taking the stairs! I've also cut way down on drinking. I used to have about 1 drink per night but now I only have one about once per week. Only thing to do now is wait… and wait… If everything stays on shedule, DH and I should be TTC around New Years! Wouldn't that be fun

Getting so excited!!!!

Old December 5th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #7
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Member #: 6395
YAAY! So exciting! I'm amazed you've been taking prenatal vitamins that much. I didn't even take them that consistently during pregnancy hehe...

invisible_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #8
Foodie22

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible_ink View Post
YAAY! So exciting! I'm amazed you've been taking prenatal vitamins that much. I didn't even take them that consistently during pregnancy hehe...
Haha well to be fair I wish we could have started TTC earlier so I just wanted to be doing SOMETHING toward that end made me feel like the time was worth it

Tags
countdown