Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive After Loss > Rainbow After the Storm

Got a due date - Rainbow After the Storm

Old June 11th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #1
SingMeToSleep

Member #: 24024
Got a due date

Herro all,
I'm new to the forums and not feeling confident enough to join a due date club yet- this section felt more appropriate.

I had a miscarriage in January, and since then have been working with my doc to pinpoint what may have caused it and get things taken care of. We discovered that I have anemia and hypothyroidism, and I started a regimen of supplements to see if we could manage the conditions herbally before going the route of medications. I was supposed to take a slew of supplements for a couple of months, go get labs drawn and go back to my doc to discuss results. Somewhere in that mess, my doctor received some incredible job offer and had to close his office on very short notice. Then I got my positive test.

My husband is in the military and we're currently at a location that doesn't provide medical facilities to dependents, which means I have to get referrals for everything. So I had to switch primary care doctors, wait for Tricare to approve the change, get in to see the new doc, get a referral to an OB/GYN and then wait for Tricare to approve THAT, then get an appointment to see the OB/GYN. So far, I've only gotten so far as the OB/GYN referral, which I got today. My new doctor puts my EDD at February 1. The other fun part of all this is that we are moving to Germany in Octoberish... so this is all like a carnival of frenzied excitement in my uterus.

I wasn't super torn up about the m/c in January, emotionally. Physically it was majorly craptastic, but I did ok with the disappointment. I am wary to get excited though, especially since the issues we suspect were the cause of the m/c are still unresolved. My primary doctor is going to run labs just in case the OB/GYN won't see me til 10 weeks, but then he won't see me for another month... which would put me past 10 weeks anyway. I am one of the least pushy people EVER, but I think I'm going to have to steel myself to be pushy when the referral for the lady doc goes through and I call to set up an appointment. I needed B12 shots throughout my second pregnancy, so I'm hoping if I tell them that they'll get me in quicker at least for a once-over.

Anyway, blah blah blah ramble ramble ramble, that's why I'm here instead of in the February club, and I'll probably stay detached until something makes me feel more confident, like hearing a heartbeat or something.

So... Hi. Hope everyone's doing well.

SingMeToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old June 12th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Sindorella

Member #: 16096
I just want to say... I was totally right about your due date.

Sindorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #3
MrsF

Member #: 21259
Hi! My DH is also military and I'm also in the Feb DDC (due Feb 14th!). Congrats, and I'm so sorry that TRICARE is being annoying. I completely know the feeling, and am in a similar situation since we are PCS-ing next week, and then I'll have to jump through the same hoops with the referral process. I would say, be the squeeky wheel!! In fact, since you have the OBGYN referral, don't wait for them to call you. Call them, and if they are behind on the paperwork and won't schedule you yet, then at the very least, speak to someone in the practice about your concerns and needing the shots, and the supplements you are on. Good luck, and we'll be waiting for you over in the Feb DDC when you're ready!

MrsF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #4
SingMeToSleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
I just want to say... I was totally right about your due date.
Because you are actually my new doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsF View Post
Hi! My DH is also military and I'm also in the Feb DDC (due Feb 14th!). Congrats, and I'm so sorry that TRICARE is being annoying. I completely know the feeling, and am in a similar situation since we are PCS-ing next week, and then I'll have to jump through the same hoops with the referral process. I would say, be the squeeky wheel!! In fact, since you have the OBGYN referral, don't wait for them to call you. Call them, and if they are behind on the paperwork and won't schedule you yet, then at the very least, speak to someone in the practice about your concerns and needing the shots, and the supplements you are on. Good luck, and we'll be waiting for you over in the Feb DDC when you're ready!
At the doctor's office yesterday they all said the switch to UHC (maybe that's only Triwest, not sure) has been the most frustrating thing ever. I am definitely going to get obnoxious if I have to! I figure if nothing else I can schedule the 10-week appointment well in advance.

Old June 14th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #5
roziecakes
Maisie & Lyric's Mommy ♥

Member #: 16954
Congratulations!
Great to meet you! My DH is also in the military (Oregon National Guard) and I also have hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's). It took me over 9 years to conceive my daughter and I had two losses in the process, and I'm now pregnant with daughter #2, a total surprise!

I really wish you the best with your pregnancy, and I look forward to getting to know you!

roziecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #6
SingMeToSleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roziecakes View Post
Congratulations!
Great to meet you! My DH is also in the military (Oregon National Guard) and I also have hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's). It took me over 9 years to conceive my daughter and I had two losses in the process, and I'm now pregnant with daughter #2, a total surprise!

I really wish you the best with your pregnancy, and I look forward to getting to know you!
Thyroid buddy! I laughed because my new doctor's name is Hashimoto. Congrats on your baby girl!

All my fun referral mess finally sorted out today so I have an appointment later this month. I hope it's quick enough. Feeling a little more confident- when I mc'ed in Jan it was positive one day, positive the next, negative the next, BOOM. So being just a couple weeks out from positives now makes me feel a little better. I think the first appointment will really help.

Old June 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #7
roziecakes
Maisie & Lyric's Mommy ♥

Member #: 16954
That is so funny about your doctor`s name! My last loss (in Nov 2011) was similar to yours in January where I had a couple of days of positive tests, and then that was it. When I got pregnant with DD1, I tested for a looooong time afterward. It was comforting. Hope your first appointment goes well!

roziecakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
date