Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > Adoption/Foster Parenting

Have any of you done embryo adoption? - Adoption/Foster Parenting

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:52 PM   #1
DrsWife

Member #: 19682
Waving Have any of you done embryo adoption?

I posted this is the "welcome" forum, but thought this made sense too. My husband and I have been married seven years and we together for seven and a half years before that. We weren't sure we wanted kids before we wed, but a year after our wedding we started tic. We quickly learned that it wasn't going to happen naturally as I charted, then got testing and the label - infertile. We tried four rounds of Clomid with Ovadril - no luck. Then we looked to infant adoption. One was interrupted two years ago and one in March. We had considered embryo adoption in the past and now we are in the middle of that process. We hope to do the embryo transfer and have a BFP this winter. I realized I just needed some support by those that have walked this journey as so many just say the meanest things - unintentionally of course. I am a psychologist in private practice and would tell my client to get more support. So here I am; and we in Michigan. I'm dying to connect with anyone else pursuing embryo adoption!

DrsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 21st, 2012, 10:42 PM   #2
OneLittleDream

Member #: 12313
I'm not sure I have heard a story here yet like yours, but I sure hope you find some support here! Good luck!

OneLittleDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:39 PM   #3
MountainMama
Soylent Green is people!

Member #: 661
Infertility is so painful, and people just dont get it. Since we have been telling people we that we are starting the adoption process, many people tell us that we will get pregnant because we started. Um if adoption cured infertility, then 1. Everyone would start the process, and 2. No babies would get adopted. Plus, I dont even want to be pregnant anymore. we are preventing. If I got pregnant tomorrow I would freak out and never find a moments peace.

Embryo adoption should work, if you are healthy and the only issue was your egg quality. Its different because you will get to experience pregnancy, but you will have to address the issue adoptive parents face in that the child will not be biologically yours.

I dont know of anybody here doing embryo adoption, but I am in the process of adoption. Lots of waiting and lots of paperwork. Totally different than when I had my daughter.

I am not going through what you are, but I have been pregnant and have a daughter, I have dealt with infertility, and I am now adopting, so there are some similarities, albeit your journey is different, but when you get pregnant, I can relate to that too.

MountainMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #4
DrsWife

Thank you so much for sharing part of your story with me. We just found out we are matched for an infant adoption this week. Our embryo process was halted last summer for a variety of reasons.

Old February 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #5
alliec

Member #: 19254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMama View Post
Infertility is so painful, and people just dont get it. Since we have been telling people we that we are starting the adoption process, many people tell us that we will get pregnant because we started. Um if adoption cured infertility, then 1. Everyone would start the process, and 2. No babies would get adopted.
This is something that my husband's DOCTOR actually said to him when he went in to ask for an SA... ><

alliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #6
BratGirl
Miracles do happen!

Member #: 12133
Good luck!!!

BratGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #7
DrsWife

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliec

This is something that my husband's DOCTOR actually said to him when he went in to ask for an SA... ><
What?! Wow... I never cease to be amazed. I'm so sorry.

Old February 24th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #8
MamaBee

Member #: 8034
Jumping in... One of my friends and her husband have recently gone through embryo adoption, and she is due in June with two of the adopted embryos. It's an amazing story if you want to check it out her blog HERE. Good luck with your journey!

MamaBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
embryo adoption