Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > Adoption/Foster Parenting

Can we do a roll call? - Adoption/Foster Parenting

Old November 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #1
chels

Member #: 18268
Can we do a roll call?

I know I'm not a guide in this forum, but I was just curious how many people lurk around in this forum and hopefully getting to know whichever girls are around in here?

So please feel free to copy and paste this and only answer what you are comfortable answering of course

Name/SO's Name
How long have you been together?
What are you attempting (domestic adoption, international adoption, state waiting adoption, foster to adopt, foster parent, etc)?
Where are you in the adoption/foster care process (thinking about it, started the process, getting matched, etc)?
Anything else you want to share?

chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #2
chels

Name/SO's Name Chelsie/Eric
How long have you been together? 2 1/2 years, married 2 months
What are you attempting (domestic adoption, international adoption, state waiting adoption, foster to adopt, foster parent, etc)? leaning towards domestic infant adoption
Where are you in the adoption/foster care process (thinking about it, started the process, getting matched, etc)? We are going to attempt one more fertility treatment (gonadotropin with IUI, and if that doesn't work we will definitely be adopting. Planning to contact the agency we want to go through in March to get the process started since we are moving into a new house around April.
Anything else you want to share? I live with my husband and our two dogs and I have a stepdaughter here part time also. I love my family to death, and after a year and a half of trying to conceive and all the uncertainty of "is this treatment going to work, is it worth the money," we are very much looking forward to moving to the adoption process. It will be nice to leave all the stress of trying to conceive behind and finally know that we will get our little one to complete our family soon.

Old November 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #3
TurkeyMama
AKA MillerMammaWannaBe

Member #: 19772
Name/SO's Name Desiree / Matthew
How long have you been together? Married 3 years, together 5 years.
What are you attempting (domestic adoption, international adoption, state waiting adoption, foster to adopt, foster parent, etc)? Foster parents hoping to adopt from the US foster care system.
Where are you in the adoption/foster care process (thinking about it, started the process, getting matched, etc)? We are currently licensed foster parents who have inquired on a few children.
Anything else you want to share? The foster care system varies a lot from state to state in terms of how much need there is. It also can also vary a lot from county to county.

TurkeyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #4
natalie

Member #: 619
I am the guide here. And I am a total slacker ladies. Sorry!

Name/SO's Name: Natalie and Brian
How long have you been together? Together for 16 years, Married for 12 years.
What are you attempting (domestic adoption, international adoption, state waiting adoption, foster to adopt, foster parent, etc)? We have adopted 2 babies domestically using an adoption agency.
Where are you in the adoption/foster care process (thinking about it, started the process, getting matched, etc)? We are currently on the waitlist to adopt from China.
Anything else you want to share? I am rarely on TMP these days. I have lots of info on adoption and would love to share with you ladies. Please message me with any questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #5
chels

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie View Post
I am the guide here. And I am a total slacker ladies. Sorry!

Name/SO's Name: Natalie and Brian
How long have you been together? Together for 16 years, Married for 12 years.
What are you attempting (domestic adoption, international adoption, state waiting adoption, foster to adopt, foster parent, etc)? We have adopted 2 babies domestically using an adoption agency.
Where are you in the adoption/foster care process (thinking about it, started the process, getting matched, etc)? We are currently on the waitlist to adopt from China.
Anything else you want to share? I am rarely on TMP these days. I have lots of info on adoption and would love to share with you ladies. Please message me with any questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Oh man! I didn't even look up at the top to see if there was a guide. I know this forum is known for being a ghost town, so I just assumed there was not. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to overstep my place by posting that

Old December 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Xyris
Illuminated with Love

Member #: 1456
How long have you been together? Married 5 years.
What are you attempting? We're still deciding, but most likely a domestic adoption.
Where are you in the adoption/foster care process: We've moved past just the thinking part. We know we want to adopt. We're just mostly waiting on the right time. We want to own a larger home. We do have a 5 year goal set.
Anything else you want to share? I love watching adoptions unfold. My husband was adopted at birth and it's something super special to the both of us.

Xyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Scarf Girl

Member #: 21304
How long have you been together?
We've been married for 20 years.

What are you attempting (domestic adoption, international adoption, state waiting adoption, foster to adopt, foster parent, etc)?
We are the parents of two children, both adopted from overseas.

Anything else you want to share?
Adoption was a long and emotional process for us, spanning about four years total, but it was so worth it in the end. It's not over after the adoption is legally finalized. Adoption can mean a lifetime of challenges and surprises.

Scarf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #8
DrsWife

Member #: 19682
How long have you been together? Together for 15yrs, Married 7.5yrs.
What are you attempting? domestic adoption.
Where are you in the adoption/foster care process? We've been matched & are awaiting his birth. (She's due 4/30/13).
Anything else you want to share? We've had 2 interrupted domestic infant adoptions & a failed embryo adoption so we are nervously excited for this one.

DrsWife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call?, roll