Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > April 2012 Playgroup

He's here!! - April 2012 Playgroup

Old April 13th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #9
pixxie
loving my baby!!

Member #: 14787
Don't kid yourself - even while using the potty, it's still a TON of work on my end. I have to constantly ask and remind, and plan out where all the bathrooms are going to be on our excursions. Then I have to get the layers off in time (so glad winter is coming to an end, btw!!!) Seriously, diapers were soooooo much easier, hahaha.

She still has moments where she would rather pee herself than leave an activity, but those moments are few and far between. And she knows that she has to clean up her messes all by herself (and then I sneak behind her and do it properly, hee hee). So, it's just about learning responsibility.

Anyway, I am so glad that you are calm and not emotional this time around. Last time was rough for us both! It was NOT what we had planned. But I guess it never is. So surreal that you have another baby!!! I'm jealous and excited for you!

pixxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 17th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #10
jd411
Just call me mommy!

Member #: 15491
You're right...kids are hard no matter what stage they are in, lol. Josh is going through his first growth spurt, so he started waking up more at night and wants to eat CONSTANTLY, so there goes my sleeping through the night But it honestly still feels way easier to take care of him than Vanessa. Man, that kid is fast. I am constantly one step behind her trying to make sure she doesn't get into anything. She seems like she is finally understanding when I tell her WHY she can't do something instead of just throwing a tantrum.

I have a feeling I will be bringing the kids to my parent's house a LOT when DH goes back to work

jd411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #11
pixxie
loving my baby!!

My kid is very quiet and tantrum free. She'll sit for an hour or more doing an activity -- she's totally not a flurry of activity, so I'm a little nervous to rock the boat with another kid. But the heart wants what it wants, right?

And don't worry, sleep will come again soon!!

Old April 17th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #12
jd411
Just call me mommy!

DH actually took V today for about an hour so I could get a good nap. I hardly got any sleep last night and woke up today feeling just awful down there. The burning was terrible and there's like tendons or something pulling/stretching which makes it feel like my vagina is about to fall out at times. After my nap I felt so much better though, so as much as it's driving me crazy to sit here and do nothing, I think that's what needs to happen for me to heal completely. I keep trying to push it and get things done around here or go to the store or whatever and it's just not worth it.

I know you BF'd for a long time, does that initial latch on pain ever go away? With V my nipples were so sore and cracked that I switched to pumping exclusively after about 3 weeks. It seems better this time with Josh, but when he first latches on the right side I just want to cry for like the first 2 minutes. The left there is minimal pain so I guess my boobs are just shaped differently?

Old April 17th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #13
pixxie
loving my baby!!

It goes away, for sure! It was soooooo hard at first. And now we are at 2+ years and winding down and that's hard too. Every step of the way is work, but it's not more than you can handle. Get in touch with a lactation consultant or your local LLL if you feel like something is off. Or even if you just need some support. Of course, you can also always reach out to me. I've been there with almost every BFing problem imaginable. DD had a bad latch on the left side, so I would put her in the football hold (just on the left side), so she would be in the same position on each side. She just shaped her mouth differently depending on which side she was lying on. Try it and see if it helps.

My main advice is to use lanolin *all the time*. Especially before and after feeding. just keep your nipples coated, it helps so much! And there are these gel pads that were pretty helpful and soothing, too. I left them on all the time. And if you really just need a break from a bad latch, don't hesitate to get nipple shields. I wouldn't have made it this far without them!!!

Sorry about your lady bits. I have absolutely no advice for that, since I had a c-section. My friend said something great about maxipads in the freezer, but I don't know how well that works in your situation. You could try it though.

Get some rest and f*** all the stuff around the house. Just play bejeweled on your phone and zone out. Take this time and be kind to yourself.

Old April 17th, 2014, 07:14 PM   #14
jd411
Just call me mommy!

Yea, I've been doing the Lanolin since day 1. I think with Vanessa it got too bad before I started using it and I couldn't heal after that so this time I made sure to stay on top of it! I tried the football hold on that side and he refused to latch at all. Seems crazy how strong he is at only a week old that he can pull his head away from me like that. I will totally try the nipple shields though, didn't even realize they existed!

On the plus side, my bleeding seems to have slowed considerably. It seemed like it went on a lot longer after my c-section. If it weren't for using the Tucks pads for my stitches I could probably switch to panty liners. At least that way I wouldn't feel like I had a diaper rash!

Old April 18th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #15
pixxie
loving my baby!!

In a month's time, all of this will be a distant memory and you'll be planning #3!

Old April 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #16
looking4newlife

Member #: 13886
nipple shields are wonderful its what got us through the first 3 months of BFing, i had flat nipples and ended up with cracking and bleeding before i got a shield this time around i will be using it from the get go more than likely

looking4newlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
he's, here!!