Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > April 2012 Playgroup

Its quiet in here! - April 2012 Playgroup

Old November 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #1
kadensmommy
Mom of 2 :)

Member #: 16116
Its quiet in here!

Where the heck is everyone? How are you all doing? How are the babies? Any new words or other achievements? My daughter talks up a storm. She is so independent haha.

kadensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 4th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Misty
Administrator

Member #: 53
I checked this forum for the first time in a while today and was a little sad because there was only 1 or 2 new threads.

Reese is awesome!! He is getting so big . . . I can't believe he will be 2 in a few short months!! He sure doesn't seem like he's almost 2!!!

He talks quite a bit, too. He can be mean, though, but he has to be with two 3 year old brothers picking on him!!

He's so stinking cute. I just told DH this weekend that he is definitely the cutest baby we have made!! He opens and closes his mouth when he hears a song, pretending to sing. He says hi to EVERYONE we see . . . which is okay because the twins follow up with, "What's your name?" to everyone!!! If I fake cry, he tilts his head to the side, makes this concerned face, and grabs my face with his hands. When one of the kids fake cry, he hits them in the head and yells, "Stop!" He makes silly faces all the time and LOVES to learn and make animal noises. When he's in a goofy mood, he hits himself in the head and yells, "Ouch!" and laughs!!! He is so funny!!!

DH says he's spoiled, and I keep telling him that's how it's supposed to be! He's the baby . . .

Now if he would just stop making the groaning/growling noise when he doesn't get his way . . . and the high pitched screams when he's REALLY mad!!!

Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Misty
Administrator

Member #: 53
I checked this forum for the first time in a while today and was a little sad because there was only 1 or 2 new threads.

Reese is awesome!! He is getting so big . . . I can't believe he will be 2 in a few short months!! He sure doesn't seem like he's almost 2!!!

He talks quite a bit, too. He can be mean, though, but he has to be with two 3 year old brothers picking on him!!

He's so stinking cute. I just told DH this weekend that he is definitely the cutest baby we have made!! He opens and closes his mouth when he hears a song, pretending to sing. He says hi to EVERYONE we see . . . which is okay because the twins follow up with, "What's your name?" to everyone!!! If I fake cry, he tilts his head to the side, makes this concerned face, and grabs my face with his hands. When one of the kids fake cry, he hits them in the head and yells, "Stop!" He makes silly faces all the time and LOVES to learn and make animal noises. When he's in a goofy mood, he hits himself in the head and yells, "Ouch!" and laughs!!! He is so funny!!!

DH says he's spoiled, and I keep telling him that's how it's supposed to be! He's the baby . . .

Now if he would just stop making the groaning/growling noise when he doesn't get his way . . . and the high pitched screams when he's REALLY mad!!!

Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4
pixxie
loving my baby!!

Member #: 14787
I miss our group, too! I only check every few days or so, because there is no one really in here anymore.

My DD is my love and my heart. I just love the crap out of her. Every morning she wakes me up with a kiss on my nose. I don't know where she got that idea, but I love it. She is super ultra smart (if I do say so myself...). I can tell by the way she processes information and how she uses her reasoning skills. It's so fun to watch. She's just intense and observant in ways that make her feel like an older person.

As far as developmental milestones... She can identify maybe 10 letters and knows which colors are red, yellow, blue and orange. She can draw circles and spirals. She can draw the letters M and P, and can count to 5. I don't know how much of that is actually knowledge or just repetition, but it's there.

She is not very physical. She still wants to hold my hand while walking up stairs, partly because she HATES getting dirt on her hands. We've been going swimming every week for months and months and she still won't put her face in the water or even splash around because she doesn't want water in her face. She doesn't join the group lessons, she just kind of does her own thing with the water toys. She is not someone who likes to run and tumble... she is more focused and intense and will sit and color for an hour at a time. She'll take a pen, a marker and a crayon and examine the differences between them and draw different lines with different colors. It will keep her occupied forever. Don't even get me started on paint and different paint brushes...

Also music... she has a great sense of rhythm. She really can dance better than most adults. It's so cute to watch. We listen to music a lot and she also loves to sing. We are in this "music together" class and it's where she really shines. I love that. I hope she embraces music and art but I am trying very hard not to project my stuff on to her. It's hard because that's where my interests lie, but I am trying to just stand back and let her pick her own activities. But so far, she loves what I love.

She's really mellow and laid back, barely ever cries or gets mad. She's learning so many new words every day that I can hardly keep up. Just a little dream child, all around.

pixxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #5
looking4newlife

Member #: 13886
Isaac is a little ham he loves to be center of attention. And seeing himself and getting his picture taken.
He has picked up on a vocabulary. And definitely understands more than he says. We can carry on conversations with him and he'll answer us if its yes and no answers.
He has a fascination with going "bye bye" and every morning wants his shoes (which sounds more like juice when he says it) on so we can go. Hopefully he has that same fascination when I start working in a couple weeks. Its going to be hard to be away from him again. But mama needs to make some money.
He is coming up and telling us when he has to go pee pee some of the time. It's cute because he will come up and say i dont know what sounds like bababa and wave his hand around trying to do the sign for potty. I think its adorable. He gets a fruit snack for going pee pee on the potty and he finds pride in that.
He can climb ANY thing we caught him up on the barstools the other day that was scary.
He will actually let you read him a book a full book now instead of just like 2 pages. Every night at bed and at nap time we read a book then rock then off to sleep.
He just started to pretend fall all dramatic which is hilarious to watch. And he just started shaking his head yes then no when we ask him something.
He's really getting good at using a spoon/fork. Now if we could get him to eat a bigger variety of food. i swear he would live off fruit if we let him.

looking4newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #6
blake

Member #: 9280
Hi ladies! Quincy is such a ham- and a flirt He gets lots of attention for her blonde curls, which I have only done a little trim on but really need a cut. Q can be so outgoing, saying Hi to everyone, etc but then is so shy! He loves his sister more than anything and follows her around all day. When she is at school ( 2 days a week) he is so lost!
Quincy says tons of stuff- I love the way he says "purple" and "bubbles" and of course he is constantly saying "Harpie!" He counts to 4/5 but I don't think he really "gets" what it means. He climbs everything, loves anything motorized (especially tractors), and is just an all around happy and laid back kiddo.
I have to say I an pretty lucky!

blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #7
jd411
Just call me mommy!

Member #: 15491
Hi ladies!

Vanessa is doing great! She is definitely putting more of her focus on physical stuff, running, jumping, spinning, than talking. I mean, she does talk but she is a stubborn little cookie and won't do it if you ask her to. And if it's in front of people? Forget about it!! She LOVES to read and will sit in the rocking chair in her room just looking at all the pages. Every night she wants me and DH to each read her about 10 books, which is great, but boring at the same time because she keeps picking up the same ones She knows her farm animals and can make their noises and she tells me whenever she sees a flower somewhere. She always gets so excited when we see fishies (shishes ) at the store that we bought her a tank over the weekend. She just keeps pointing to the glass and saying shishes or fooooowaa (flower), which she thinks the colorful plants are lol.

Overall I am just super proud of her and she is turning into such a big girl! My one worry....at church yesterday we went in the nursery with the other kiddos her age. She got really clingly and wouldn't let me go. While sitting on my lap another boy came and sat down on the other side of me and she shoved him off! That's the first time I've seen her do something like that and it kind of stressed me out with the new baby coming...she's got about 5 months to figure it out or mommy is going to be going nuts trying to take care of a new one AND make sure he/she doesn't get beat up by big sis!

jd411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #8
inspired*mama
Five is Enough!

Member #: 11806
Hi everyone!

I haven't been here in ages but I think of the group often. Today I decided to peep in and say hello

Julian is doing great. He loves to talk, flirt and sing. He can count to 8 in Spanish(working on 9 and 10..lol) He is rambunctious and ALL boy. He keeps me on my toes for sure. I was going through things he's outgrown the other day and I just can't believe how quick the time has passed. Gave me a slight case of baby fever. BTW, congrats to those of you expecting again!

Adriane

inspired*mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
here!, quiet