Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > April 2012 Playgroup

Book exchange? - April 2012 Playgroup

Old July 12th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #1
jd411
Just call me mommy!

Member #: 15491
Book exchange?

Hi ladies! Hope you're all doing well :-)

So, my friend sent me a letter for a book exchange. It works like this: On the copy she sent me there is a kid's name in spot #1 and her kid's name in spot #2. I'm supposed to send 1 book to the kid in the #1 spot, then move her kid's name to spot #1, put my kid in #2, make copies and send it to 6 friends. I guess it's a chain letter, but the idea is if everyone participates you'll get a bunch of books back.

Is anyone interested in doing this? Seems like I only have a few friends in person with kids. Plus I'd hate to send it to someone who doesn't want to participate but feels guilty for not sending me something (especially since I kind of hate these type of things myself). I'd you'd like to do it just PM me your kid's name and address.

jd411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 14th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #2
pixxie
loving my baby!!

Member #: 14787
I'm friends with someone who did this, and it wasn't a positive experience for her. She sent out a ton of things and got nothing back...

I can send V a book though!

pixxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #3
jd411
Just call me mommy!

Member #: 15491
I figured that's how it would go; that most people feel the same as me and hate these type of things. We already have a ton of books and probably don't need any more. I was only going to do it so my friend would get her books. who comes up with this stuff??

jd411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #4
pixxie
loving my baby!!

Member #: 14787
Haha,I'm not against it - i'd just rather do it with people I actually know would follow through.

pixxie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, exchange?