Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2011 Playgroups > January - February 2011 Playgroup

Stuck to me like glue!! - January - February 2011 Playgroup

Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Pumpkin Pie
La La La La Lola!

Member #: 12708
Stuck to me like glue!!

So, just a quick HEY!! And a question! Are any of your kids stuck to you like glue, all day, every day!? Autumn has been waking up in the morning and crying until she finds me, then cries if I leave the room, then cries if i put her to bed etc, she can't stand to be away from me - except when we go out and do stuff, in which case she's the total opposite! She'll run off to investigate quite happily and is equally happy to go play with other children or get involved in group activities without me having to stand right next to her, so she is basically more than capable of being on her own, but chooses to be a doughnut about it at home and I am not sure if its attention or a genuine attachment problem we have going on here in the house! I literally can't even go to the toilet without her panicking that i'm leaving the room!

Rob, my oldest, was never like that!! So any ideas on how to curb it a bit would be wonderful! I love her to death but I Don't want her to think that pitching a fit is going to get my attention every time she wants it and I don't want her to think that she needs to panic if I leave the room!

Also, here are a couple of photos:

Autumn in her halloween outfit, with and without wings!

Our kids, looking like a hot mess at the end of a halloween party!

Pumpkin Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:06 PM   #2
inspired*mama
Five is Enough!

Member #: 11806
Cailyn is the exact opposite! At home, she's content to just run around and do her own thing.. room-hop as I call it. But out in public, she is so clingy and not the least bit social. She has recently starting throwing herself onto the ground when a stranger tells her "hi" or tells her how cute she is or something. EMBARRASSING! I don't have any advice for ya but hope she gives a break!

inspired*mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM   #3
sammie

Member #: 11225
J is a daddy's boy! DH has been working a lot lately, and isn't home some nights to see J. So when he IS here, J freaks whenever he leaves the room. Makes me feel horrible.

sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Shelleydalyce
Ethan's Mommy

Member #: 18043
Ethan is EXACTLY like this!!! If I go to the bathroom he's playing peek-a-boo with his hands under the door or crying, his Daddy has to distract him if I have to leave for a minute... but if we're in the store or somewhere he's gone.
At least play group he looks around to make sure I'm still there.... but I put him down and then walked out to hang up my coat and he lost it.
Huge change from when he was itty bitty.... Up to about 6 months anyone could have picked him up and walked away with him and he wouldn't of cared LOL ....

Shelleydalyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glue!!, stuck