Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2011 Playgroups > January - February 2011 Playgroup

moms who have had another baby.. - January - February 2011 Playgroup

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:55 PM   #1
MsBelle

Member #: 12734
moms who have had another baby..

How has it been going? What's the hardest part? How far apart are your LO's?

We are thinking of TTC again soon, maybe, and DS would likely be around 2.5 when the next would arrive. Just trying to prepare myself!

MsBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM   #2
LuckyMommy

Member #: 12388
I have days where it's rough and I just lose my mind. Hardest part is when the kids are all needing me at the same time. They are 16mo apart and 14 mo apart. overall I love it, but I'm not gonna lie, some days I just want to put in earplugs and stay in my room all day. Sorry if that makes me sound like a bad mom I don't actually do it cause I love them to death, but I feel that way some days!

LuckyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:22 PM   #3
MsBelle

Member #: 12734
Has your oldest one started handling it better and getting more patient or independent? I think we all have days where we want to do that!

MsBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM   #4
LuckyMommy

Member #: 12388
She is as independent as she can be for being 2-3yrs old. She is potty trained which helps and I have taught her how to get on the potty herself and wipe. So I am not needed for that. She can play by herself, but prefers to play with me (so do my other 2 which makes it hard sometimes). She can't get her own food yet, or water. Her patience is good most days, she understands the babies need more help and she likes to try to help me with what she can. getting diapers, wipes, bottles, clothes, that sort of thing.

LuckyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #5
inspired*mama
Five is Enough!

Member #: 11806
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBelle View Post
How has it been going? What's the hardest part? How far apart are your LO's?

We are thinking of TTC again soon, maybe, and DS would likely be around 2.5 when the next would arrive. Just trying to prepare myself!
Cailyn and Julian are 15 months apart. For the most part, she has adjusted very well. She LOVES her little brother! The hardest part is probably bedtime and going out with the two of them by myself. She's too little to walk along side me while I push him in a grocery cart, can't hold him while I push her in the cart, so I end up putting his infant carrier in the basket, and letter her ride in the front part, and try to maneuver my stuff under the cart, and around the carseat inside.

We've had a few moments here and there of Cailyn wanting my attention at a crucial time(like when I'm feeding or changing Julian) but she eventually will just wander off and do her own thing. Sometimes I feel guilty.. though she's not the "baby" she is still a baby. Ideally I wish I could have spaced them out 2-3 years. I think it would have made a big difference.

inspired*mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Sindorella

Member #: 16096
I have had another baby since having Nikaia and we are trying for a third. If I get pregnant anytime soon Nikaia and #3 will be about 2.5 years apart. Nikaia and Kalista are 1 year and 1 day apart.

It can get a little hectic, and there are times when I just have to accept that there is going to be at least one kid crying for a few minutes while I get stuff handled, but I have managed to work from home with both girls here with me for the last almost 8 months without any major problems. The girls love each other and are starting to really play together now, which is making things easier too. I am lucky that Kalista still takes a few really long naps during the day, too.

Sindorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #7
Busy_Mommy_Of_2
*Formerly~~AdriensMommy*

Member #: 18404
I will be able to tell you in about 2.5 months !

Oh LO will be about 22 months apart !

Busy_Mommy_Of_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #8
ApeyGirl

Member #: 11804
My oldest is 5 years and my two youngest are 14 months apart.. it's difficult sometimes but only because my 20 month old (Jonah) is very jealous of my 5 month old and tries to hit and throws temper tantrums alot.. The fact that I am even thinking about having a 4th is crazy lol

ApeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby.., moms