Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Chat > Special Pregnancies

Placenta Previa Early Pregnancy - Special Pregnancies

Old March 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #1
00shayna

Member #: 1757
Placenta Previa Early Pregnancy

Well, I started bleeding Wednesday night. I had an US this am and while the baby is ok, I was told that my placenta is covering the entire cervix right now. The Dr didn't seem to concerned. She said that 95% of placenta previas caught this early will correct themselves sometime between 20 and 32 weeks. I'm one day away from 13 weeks right now. I'm still a bit worried though. I read a couple of stories here about previa later in pregnancy. Has anyone had it this early? Did it correct itself in time? I really don't want a C-section, or worse a placental abruption or major hemorrhage! Thanks!

00shayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 12th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #2
September
Mama 2 Five

Member #: 6131
This happened to me when I was pregnant with Kadie (now nine months old). I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa at our "big" ultrasound at 18w6d. At 30 weeks the doctor checked again and said it was still complete, our c-section was scheduled by our 32 week appointment.

My advice to you, because you're so early, is not to worry about it. Your uterus is so small that what will most likely happen is that as it grows your placenta will move up with it.

I had one crazy ride with my complete placenta previa diagnosis-never had my c-section. If you're interested in reading all about my pregnancy with it check out my blog: http://www.crunchycupcakes.com

Last edited by September; August 14th, 2010 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Fixed link
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #3
00shayna

Thanks Jamie! I'll check it out.

Old March 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Kaboobie
family complete :)

Member #: 2234
I had bleeding a day shy of 14 weeks and was diagnosed with complete placenta previa. By my 23 week u/s it had resolved already. They are going to do one last u/s to make sure in the next 4 weeks so that when labor happens it is not a concern. Fingers crossed that yours moves and doesn't give you any other problems throughout the remainder of your pregnancy! Good luck!

Kaboobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #5
mama_kat_of_6
Mommy to TJANAW <3

Member #: 9963
With my 2nd I had complete previa early on and by 30 weeks it had moved entirely. Try not to worry!!

mama_kat_of_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #6
00shayna

Thanks! You girls are all helping so much!

Old August 7th, 2010, 04:53 AM   #7
.Andrea.

Member #: 6236
with both of my previous pregnancies i was diagnosed with it, but it had corrected it self by the 20-22 week ultrasound.

.Andrea. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #8
hapababy

Member #: 13241
I had the same problem early on in my pregnancy. I'm now 31 weeks along and the previa has corrected itself. Just try not to do any lifting (what my dr told me was 5 lbs) and you should be ok. Good luck, I know it's stressful!

hapababy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
early, placenta, pregnancy, previa