Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Chat > Special Pregnancies

No longer in limbo. It's over. *9/16 update in OP* - Special Pregnancies

Old September 16th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #25
NatFuss

Member #: 16061
Hoping and praying that you are finding out good news right now and praying for your little bean.

NatFuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old September 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #26
KaliChick

Member #: 16700
I'm not really an active poster but I have to share my story with you ... we did IVF to conceive. My beta numbers were slow to rise (in the 60-68 hour range). We did our first u/s at 5 weeks 4 days. We saw a sac. Our RE told us it was smaller than normal and it was 50/50. My beta was only 2,000. We went back at 6 weeks 5 days and while the sac had grown it appeared empty. I cried for hours. I prepared for a D&C. We saw our RE at 7 weeks 1 day and all of a sudden there was a yolk sac and *maybe* a heartbeat but it wasn't strong and it should have been at that point. But he wanted to be sure so he told us to wait a little longer. We went back at 7 weeks 5 days. There wasn't much change, the sac was actually a little smaller, we couldn't see a heartbeat, nothing looked right. So we started discussing the D&C. I told him I was going to have my OB do it (for insurance reasons) and after talking for a bit he asked if he could scan one more time. He had me push down on my belly button and that's when our world changed. There was the baby, fetal pole, heart beat and all. The heartbeat still wasn't really measurable and I was still measuring almost a week behind (something that shouldn't happen in IVF). So he said he still wasn't confident but let's wait another week.

8 weeks 4 days and we were finally at peace. Baby measured just 2 days behind, had a beautiful heartbeat of 175 .... I'm not 12 weeks 5 days and all is well. Baby continues to measure a day or two behind with a heart rate in the 170s.

I hope you have a happy outcome and I just encourage you to ask for a little more time ... sometimes these babes are just a little slow or aren't in the right position. I'm grateful for my RE, many would have done a D&C and not let us have the time we obviously needed.

I'm thinking of you!!

KaliChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #27
koa
i ♥ my SONshine

Member #: 15788
THank you for your support everyone. It's over.

koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #28
ImFunSize
Hoping for a miracle ♥

Member #: 4828
Aww Koa hunnie, I'm so sorry!!!

ImFunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #29
roziecakes
Maisie & Lyric's Mommy ♥

Member #: 16954
Can I be ever so slightly a pain... this thread was from almost two years ago. Hugs!

roziecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #30
koa
i ♥ my SONshine

Member #: 15788
Oh, what a surprise to see this old thread! Yes, I did lose a pregnancy in Sept 2011. It was so difficult and it was such a dark time for me. Then we were blessed with our rainbow baby boy 1 year later.

koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #31
ImFunSize
Hoping for a miracle ♥

Member #: 4828
Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice that, Koa, I'm so sorry, It showed up as new for me to read {blame internet glitch!!!!}

ImFunSize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limbo.