Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Chat > Special Pregnancies

High BP - Special Pregnancies

Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:24 PM   #1
tuki06

Member #: 17077
Waving High BP

So I have chronic high bp and becuase of that when I decided to get pregnant I knew it would be hard and fairly dangerous for me and the baby and I'm dedicated to doing everything I need to to make sure we both come out totally healthy.

I guess I'm looking for someone who has maybe been through this and can tell me what to expect. I hardly know anyone that has had a high risk preg and know nobody that has had this particular problem. I've done so much reading and talking to my dr's (ob and perinatologist) and I've asked all the questions that I can think of and gotten the answers I expected but I'd really love a first hand account.

The thing is that I'm half way through my pregnancy and none of the standard High BP issues have come up. This is somewhat surprising to me and my dr's considering how severe my BP issues are, we all really expected this to have gotten complicated before now. I've even had to cut back on my meds cus my BP was too low.

I know that the 3rd tri is the one I need to worry about but I feel fairly optimistic and I'm wondering if that is not the best way to look at this. I don't want to get lulled into a false sense of security. So if anyone could give me their 2cents I'd really appreciate it. I just really wanna be prepared for all eventualities you know.

Thanks for reading this novel.

tuki06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 20th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #2
CrunchyMomma

Member #: 6355
I didn't have high BP before I was pregnant...it was actually low. But I did have hypertension to the point they felt the need to induce me at the end. It had been high pretty much my whole 3rd trimaster. I had a LOT of swelling and was generally uncomfortable. Wish I had more advice for you. I hope someone who can relate steps in to help!

CrunchyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high